About this Role
AboveBoard is an executive hiring platform inclusively unifying executives from underrepresented backgrounds to board and full-time opportunities at today’s leading high-growth organizations.
We are dedicated to diversifying executive leadership.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent while providing executives transparent access
AboveBoard is actively assisting another business find it's next Vice President of Human Resources.
Role & Responsibilities
- Developing, enhancing, and maintaining the organization's human capital through effective planning, implementation, and evaluation of employee relations and human resource policies, programs, and practices.
- Be a passionate and driven leader focused on the alignment of human resource strategies to the company's business growth and results.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to senior leaders at the company for all matters related to human capital and strategic human capital management.
- Build the core human resources framework and foundational infrastructure to ensure effective service delivery and execution of day-to-day employee and business needs.
- Have oversight for all aspects of human capital for the company, including talent management, recruiting, performance management, employee communication, employee onboarding and training, culture and engagement, compensation, benefits, and employee relations.
- Lead organizational development and help shape corporate culture using Human Resources strategies.
- Coordinate management training in interviewing, selection, terminations, promotions, performance management, and employee relations training.
- Provide comprehensive, value-added consultation with leaders on all aspects of the employment relationship and change management principles.
- Manage compensation, benefits and recognition programs to foster motivation and retention.
- Ensure the company complies with all applicable laws and regulations concerning fair employment practices, employee health and safety, employee relations, other compliance related programs, staying aware of evolving government influences on management policies and practices and planning accordingly for changes in regulations.
- Assure company compliance with provision for all federal and state regulations, such as COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), etc.
- Oversee and direct performance of routine human resources procedures and deliverables, including talent acquisition, talent management, employee handbook development and presentation, job design and descriptions, legal response, benefits, new employee orientation, compensation planning, performance management, FMLA administration, and workplace safety/OSHA compliance.
- Develop, recommend, and monitor wage and salary administration plans to ensure compliance with the FLSA.
- Become a champion of employee engagement and in turn driving the appropriate behaviors to positively impact the employee and customer experience.
- Establish and effectively manage annual human capital budget including recruiting, on-boarding, organization development programs, employee development and relations.
- Proposing and managing D&I training needs, mentorship programs, equitable performance evaluations and will provide inspirational leadership to the Leadership community.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a business-related field from an accredited four-year college or university preferred.
- Demonstrated Experience working in start-up or rapid-growth tech environments.
- At least seven years related experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least five years of experience in a leadership role.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), or Society for Human Resource Management Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certifications preferred.Ability to prioritize and maintain a large volume of multi-faceted work.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to a fast-paced and changing business environment.
- Prior training and/or related human resources experience, particularly in supporting diversity & inclusion programs and initiatives.
- Proven track of building and driving programs that have had a measurable impact on workforce diversity, inclusivity, and retention.
- Strong demonstrated verbal and written communication skills. Attention to detail in composing, documenting, and proofing HR related materials.
- Demonstrated time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Effective decision-making skills that balance business and leadership objectives with employee needs.
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to translate metrics, research, and trends into strategy and impact.
- Someone that has incredible vision on how you build teams & create a world class environment.
- Understands how to build during rapid scale.