About this Role
AboveBoard is an executive hiring platform inclusively unifying executives from underrepresented backgrounds to board and full-time opportunities at today’s leading high-growth organizations.
We are dedicated to diversifying executive leadership.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent while providing executives transparent access
AboveBoard is actively assisting another business find it's next Chief People Officer.
- Partner with the CEO, COO and other senior executives to scale the business with a people-first culture
- Build and lead the People team and develop cohesive strategies to expand exceptional teams across all departments.
- Integrate and promote our values, vision, and mission throughout the entire team-member experience, from initial recruiting to on-going development and engagement
- Design and create People programs that support our team and mission
- Ensure operational excellence within the People team through development of scaled systems and processes in partnership with the COO
- Oversee company-wide recruitment efforts, including improving existing tools and processes as needed
- Identify and track organizational performance metrics across the People department
- Bring knowledge of HR policies, programs, laws and best practices to the company, and ensure Common Energy is in compliance
- Mediate employee relations and performance discussions as needed, and provide counsel to fellow managers on appropriate methods of managing performance
- Contribute to a TEAM-First work environment – we know our team is working when we like each other!
Who We’re Looking For
- A high-energy, hardworking leader: You are an enthusiastic champion of all things people who is energized by the opportunity to build a high-growth, fast-paced, people-first team! This role will require superb interpersonal skills to enable collaboration across the business for shared success and respectful, constructive conflict resolution. You have a track record of building and supporting a nurturing company culture with high employee engagement and a team growth mentality. This role will draw on your 5+ years of experience in HR team leadership, working actively with the C-suite in startup-like environments. You have built HR systems, processes, and programs from inception and have immersed yourself quickly in new environments.
- Expertise in, and passion for, mission-driven human resources: You have a deep understanding of lifecycle recruiting, setting and negotiating employee compensation, and HR policies. This role will require a multi-faceted skillset, from keeping the engines running through payroll and compliance to empowering the company to execute on its next phase of growth through team-building with an always-improving mindset. You share our commitment to ensuring diversity & inclusion is reflected in both our customer base and our internal team. You are dedicated to growth for good, acting quickly to accelerate the company’s mission of advancing clean energy and positive environmental impact.