About this Role
AboveBoard is an executive hiring platform inclusively unifying executives from underrepresented backgrounds to board and full-time opportunities at today’s leading high-growth organizations.
We are dedicated to diversifying executive leadership.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent while providing executives transparent access to career-aligned opportunities. More than 35,000 executives and 600 companies are already using our platform.
AboveBoard is actively assisting another business to find its next Chief Marketing Officer.
Role & Responsibilities
- Build and develop a world-class team of marketers who are creative, collaborative, and deliver results. The team needs to work well together, be accountable and metrics-driven. Additionally, the team needs to be focused on the big picture - meeting company growth goals.
- Ensure that the business is seen as a thought-leader in the market, building and leveraging connections that ensure that market analysts and influencers within the business’s industry are aware of and support the brand, compelling them to promote the brand organically and drive increased awareness.
- Establish a forward thinking and modern marketing organization that experiments, is agile, and is aggressive in using new tactics and ideas.
- Initiate and implement messaging strategies that differentiate the company and drive adoption of this messaging internally and externally.
- Innovate Consistent Brand Storytelling – evolve, strengthen and simplify our company’s compelling platform through communication strategies to educate, inform and engage both direct sellers and customers about our points of differentiation vs. competition; ensure Brand consistency across channels and marketing tactics.
- Take a category creating approach; navigate complex industry dynamics; understand customers’ needs; guide the team in articulating the Permutive’s value proposition.
- Work cross-functionally with key stakeholders in sales, customer success, and product functions to ensure that marketing efforts are aligned with the product roadmap, revenue initiatives, and the overall growth strategy of the business.
- Define and implement operational metrics, KPIs, and other measurements of success that measure, optimize and continually improve efficiency and effectiveness of marketing programs, tactics, and strategy.
- Solve problems and scale marketing through investment in new and existing marketing technologies.
- Understand the competitive market environment with insights and market research to express Permutive’s proposition through corporate marketing, including PR, partnerships, and driving the outward face of the brand.
- Manage and monitor marketing resources and spend to ensure each action is optimized in its effectiveness, quality, and that there is a clear mindset of measurement (ROI) within the team.
- Proven success leading all of Marketing for a high-growth, venture, growth, or private equity backed SaaS business as they scale from $30M - $100M+ (martech experience is a plus).
- Track record of successfully leading all facets of marketing, including demand generation, brand, creative, product marketing, content marketing, communications/PR, events insights and analytics.
- A demonstrated and successful record of working with, and across, several functional departments and moving them towards a unified direction with a common vision.
- Data driven, analytical and results-oriented mindset with a deep understanding of value drivers in a recurring revenue business model.
- Demonstrated ability to bring new products to market, create new categories, generate buzz and demand.
- Demonstrated and successful record of coaching a diverse team of marketing professionals of 40+ to drive world-class performance.