About this Role
AboveBoard is an executive hiring platform inclusively unifying executives from underrepresented backgrounds to board and full-time opportunities at today’s leading high-growth organizations.
We are dedicated to diversifying executive leadership.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent while providing executives transparent access to career-aligned opportunities. More than 35,000 executives and 600 companies are already using our platform.
AboveBoard is actively assisting another business to find its next Vice President of Human Resources.
Role & Responsibilities
The Vice President of Human Resources will lead all components of the company’s current HR and Talent organization. This individual will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive and sustainable People strategy in support of the company’s next phase of growth.
- Drive the company’s Future of Work framework to ensure that the company continues to foster exceptional leadership, performance, engagement and fulfillment.
- Design and develop clear operational structures, career progression and performance management processes to ensure we can hire and retain top talent.
- Ensure the organization’s design and structure continues to reflect the priorities of the business and its growth strategy, in the near- and long-term.
- Build and execute thoughtful people-focused strategies and initiatives to support strategic and operational objectives by hiring, retaining, and growing high-performing talent.
- Embed a thoughtful strategy to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Act as a strategic advisor and thought partner to the CEO and serve as a valued strategic contributor on the company leadership team.
- Collaborate with all departments to cultivate high-performing managers and engaged team members.
- Codify and scale what makes the company a great place to work and partner with the organization to evolve culture and values as the organization grows.
- Act as a steward of the company’s mission and values.
- Deep expertise in the People function and prior experience scaling and developing high-growth companies, preferably within a technology-enabled and/or healthcare business.
- Experience with blended workforces including US and international locations.
- Ability to drive efficient People operations, data and analytics functions that drive insight into employee performance and engagement.
- Proven experience working with the executive leadership team to rapidly scale a business while maintaining a strong company culture.
- Experience with building or overseeing the building of a talent acquisition function.
- Proven success in delivering high-impact People programs around performance development, team engagement and team retention.
- Track record as a flexible leader who can operate at a highly strategic level, but can also perform all tactical talent and people-related duties for the company.
- Proven ability to design and communicate clear processes and programs paired with a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving.
- A high standard of people leadership skills that others can learn from and seek to emulate, including an ability to manage teams, drive high performance, and lead through change.