About this Role
AboveBoard is an executive hiring platform inclusively unifying executives from underrepresented backgrounds to board and full-time opportunities at today’s leading high-growth organizations.
We are dedicated to diversifying executive leadership.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent while providing executives transparent access
AboveBoard is actively assisting another business find it's next Vice President of Human Resources.
Role & Responsibilities
The Company is seeking a talented, strategic leader who is eager for an opportunity to shape the most essential objective of a growing organization – attracting, developing and retaining the best people, and enriching their experiences. This person will build the People function and team, and set key strategies around culture, talent and leadership development. The VP, People will report directly to Ju Rhyu, the co-founder and CEO, while engaging regularly with the whole leadership team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as a People advocate; the voice of the employees in leadership discussions
- Strategically identifying initiatives to build great relationships across a distributed organization
- Ensuring fairness in compensation, promotion, and development across the organization
- Implementing compensation benchmarking and decisions on hiring to promote both equity and competitiveness
- Helping the Company attract, retain, develop, and challenge top talent
- Lead organizational development and help shape corporate culture using Human Resources strategies.
- Building a strategic, high-functioning HR organization to serve the company’s diverse set of employees
- Significant experience leading People teams within high-growth, fast-paced, people-focused companies
- Experience overseeing HR Operations and HRIS for a world-class organization
- Prior exposure building structures from scratch
- Deep appreciation for the importance of organizational and team design, people alignment, career pathing and succession planning
- Ability to communicate HR decisions and the rationale behind them to employee stakeholders
- Track record of developing innovative and forward-thinking talent strategies and initiatives, while simultaneously scaling a compelling company culture
- Senior business executive who can add perspective and leadership beyond functional responsibility
- Able to promote diversity within the organization as it grows