About this Role
AboveBoard is an executive hiring platform inclusively unifying executives from underrepresented backgrounds to board and full-time opportunities at today’s leading high-growth organizations.
We are dedicated to diversifying executive leadership.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent while providing executives transparent access
AboveBoard is actively assisting another business find its next Vice President of Human Resources.
About the Company
Our end-to-end population genomics platform enables health systems, life sciences companies, and payers to advance genomic research and accelerate the integration of genomic data into routine clinical care. We support all aspects of population genomics from recruitment to translational research and help our partners use genomics to improve health outcomes, increase patient engagement, and lower costs. Leading health systems, including Renown Health, AdventHealth, and Mayo Clinic, use our population genomics platform to power some of the world’s largest and fastest-growing population genomics initiatives. For the COVID-19 public health crisis, the company has built one of the nation’s largest COVID diagnostic labs and has been on the leading edge of national viral surveillance efforts tracking B.1.1.7 and other viral strains.
About This Role
The Vice President of People will lead all components of the company’s current HR and Talent organization. This individual will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive and sustainable People strategy in support of the company’s next phase of growth.
- Driving the company’s Future of Work framework to ensure that the company continues to foster exceptional leadership, performance, engagement and fulfillment.
- Design and develop clear operational structures, career progression and performance management processes to ensure we can hire and retain top talent.
- Ensure the organization's design and structure continues to reflect the priorities of the business and its growth strategy, in the near- and long-term.
- Act as a steward of the company’s mission and values.
- Embed a thoughtful strategy to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Act as a strategic advisor and thought partner to the CEO and serve as a valued strategic contributor on the company’s leadership team.
- Deep expertise in the People function and prior experience scaling and developing high-growth companies, preferably within a technology-enabled and/or healthcare business.
- Experience with blended workforces including US and international locations.
- Ability to drive efficient People operations, data and analytics functions that drive insight into employee performance and engagement.
- Proven experience working with the executive leadership team to rapidly scale a business while maintaining a strong company culture.
- Experience with building or overseeing the building of a talent acquisition function.
- Track record as a flexible leader who can operate at a highly strategic level, but can also perform all tactical talent and people-related duties for the company.
- Proven success in delivering high-impact People programs around performance development, team engagement and team retention.
What’s Important to Us:
- Curiosity — we are all passionate about the possibilities enabled by having access to your own genome
- Responsibility — we have an obligation to people and our partners to operate with highly credible research guided by well respected advisors, with clear and effective communication about our products
- Agility — flexibility and a desire to be nimble, smart, and effective are important to the company’s culture
- Follow-through — we’re building a diverse team with amazing track records of achievement in multidisciplinary environments