About this Role
AboveBoard is an executive hiring platform inclusively unifying executives from underrepresented backgrounds to board and full-time opportunities at today’s leading high-growth organizations.
We are dedicated to diversifying executive leadership.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent while providing executives transparent access to career-aligned opportunities. More than 35,000 executives and 600 companies are already using our platform.
AboveBoard is actively assisting another business to find its next Chief People Officer.
Role & Responsibilities
The Chief People Officer will be responsible for setting the strategic vision for the HR function and building a multifaceted HR department to support business needs. Reporting directly to the Founder and CEO, this person will serve as a trusted advisor and partner to the executive team to ensure the company attracts, develops, and retains world-class talent focused on building incredible, customer-centric cultures.
Responsibilities will include:
- Create a world class people and talent strategy that aligns with the Vision, Mission, and Values/Behaviors throughout the company and drives a high-performance culture.
- Lead all aspects of the function including talent acquisition, people operations, performance management, compensation & benefits, retention and more.
- Define, develop and deploy a system for ongoing measurement of employee engagement and driving proactive steps to increase employee engagement and retention.
- Create business oriented policies and procedures for the human resources function that drive clarity and transparency for managers and employees.
- Provide active guidance and partnership to the Executive Team on human capital strategies.
- Provide HR guidance and leadership on special projects, HR analytics & reporting, talent reviews, training, change management, organizational design, and diversity and inclusion.
- Scale the amazing company culture to maintain the extremely high employee satisfaction and retention rates as well as ensuring the team continues to live and breathe its key values.
- Develop innovative ways to drive employee engagement and build a vibrant and authentic culture that allows employees to collaborate, create value, and thrive across a distributed workforce.
- Serve as an active member of the Executive Team
- Proven action-oriented leader of the People function with the ability to operate effectively in both strategic and hands-on environments.
- Experience adding critical value at the executive level as a trusted advisor to the Executive Team.
- Leads from the front with a focus on coaching, mentoring and career development across all levels of the organization, including building, leading, and developing a world-class people and talent team.
- Demonstrated expertise in people strategy, talent development, recruiting, and organizational development.
- Expertise in HR systems and workflows, benefits programs, total rewards, employment regulation, and other relevant subject matter.
- Understanding of how to attract and retain A-talent and demonstrated ability to build strong teams across all levels – individual contributor to executive.
- Demonstrated capability in adapting and innovating HR practices and solutions (onboarding, employee experience/satisfaction, performance management, etc.) and right sizing them to the needs of a fluid, fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization.
- Oversight and support of geographically spread employees.
- Public company and/or IPO expertise preferred.
- Excellent organizational and people management skills.