About this Role
AboveBoard is an executive hiring platform inclusively unifying executives from underrepresented backgrounds to board and full-time opportunities at today’s leading high-growth organizations.
We are dedicated to diversifying executive leadership.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent while providing executives transparent access
AboveBoard is actively assisting another business find it's next Vice President of Marketing.
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Marketing will serve as a senior member of the Executive Leadership Team. This individual will be responsible for driving the strategy and execution of all marketing initiatives and will partner with sales and product leaders to ensure short and long-term revenue expansion in North America.
More specifically, the Vice President of Marketing will be responsible for:
- Strategy and Execution - Setting growth targets on key metrics including traffic, lead generation, cost per acquisition, and customer lifetime value. Establishing performance metrics and KPI reporting that track performance against these goals.
- Positioning - Positioning the company’s products and services. Leading product launches.
- Messaging - Developing and presenting narratives and value propositions, delivering persona-led messaging to key customer segments.
- Competitive Intelligence - Providing competitive intelligence to the company.
- Analyst Relationships - Interacting with industry analysts.
- Training, Development and Hiring - Managing and developing the marketing team with a core focus on driving team structure, hiring, performance assessment, coaching and feedback, team succession planning, and training. Expand this team through the next phase of growth.
- Proven marketing leadership ability and knowledge of all facets of marketing – including product marketing, demand generation, branding, content creation, and communications
- Verifiable track record of success in building a fast-moving software security company. Security experience is highly preferred.
- Expertise in running both organic and paid campaigns on different platforms, including experience managing a marketing budget.
- Command of growth marketing measurement tools, metrics, and analytics techniques.
- Experience building high-performing teams and attracting top marketing talent; will have demonstrated very strong people leadership and can inspire followership.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.