About this Role
About This RoleAboveBoard is an executive hiring platform inclusively unifying executives from underrepresented backgrounds to board and full-time opportunities at today’s leading high-growth organizations.
We are dedicated to diversifying executive leadership.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent while providing executives transparent access to career-aligned opportunities. More than 35,000 executives and 600 companies are already using our platform.
AboveBoard is actively assisting another business to find its next Vice President of Human Resources.
Role & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the leadership team to understand company goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, culture and retention.
- Plan, guide, develop, coordinate, and implement policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Administer human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Identify staffing and recruiting needs; develop and execute best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Monitor and ensure the company’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review and modify policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; apply this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to senior leadership.
- Evaluate acquisitions and onboard newly acquired companies from a human resources capacity.
- Evaluate, manage, and maintain relationships with outside human resources vendors.
- Develop and manage the departmental budget.
- Provide leadership of the company’s COVID-related initiatives, including communication and administration of the policies, partnering with outside counsel, and monitoring federal parameters.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelors' degree required
- Bachelors' degree required10 to 15 years of progressive human resources leadership experience
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Experience in all aspects of HR management within a growth stage business
- Senior HR certification (SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP) preferred
- Proficiency with HRIS and talent management systems