About this Role
AboveBoard is an executive hiring platform inclusively unifying executives from underrepresented backgrounds to board and full-time opportunities at today’s leading high-growth organizations.
We are dedicated to diversifying executive leadership.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent while providing executives transparent access
AboveBoard is actively assisting another business find it's next Chief People Officer.
Role and Responsibilities
The Chief People Officer (CPO) will work in direct partnership with COO & CFO and will be an integral part of the senior leadership team. This role will focus on ensuring that the company has superior leadership to drive towards their desired business results, by developing world class people practices for a highly engaged and culturally aligned employee population that thrives on our growth. This position will ensure that the company’s people and talent operations are running smoothly and that the human capital goals of the organization are being designed, implemented, and measured according to a long-term, strategic plan.
- Define, develop and deploy a system for the ongoing measurement of employee engagement and drive proactive steps to increase employee engagement.
- Develop a progressive Talent Acquisition Strategy and market approach to attract top industry talent.
- Create the business-oriented policies and procedures for the human resources function that drive clarity for the managers and employees. Be aggressive in implementing the right systems and processes to drive a high growth talent strategy.
- Create a dynamic onboarding and training process for the enterprise as a whole and for specific high risk organization units.
- Build a strong human resources department that manages the high growth with grace and efficiency.
- Coach and mentor executive team members on the most effective methods for managing their staff and improving performance.
- Serve as an active member of the management team with a “seat at the table” in the execution of the organization’s overall business plan.
- Executive Coaching and Alignment – Seasoned HR Executive who has facilitated and driven alignment across the Executive Team and organizationally. Must have experience coaching and developing Executives including Founders. Strong facilitation and operational excellence process experience in driving business priorities and team decision making.
- Operations Experience – Profile demonstrating at least ten years of operating experience in enterprise technology solutions. Ideal candidates will have experience in global technology companies that have a mix of consulting and software solutions.
- HR Experience – Deep experience working with an Executive team and facilitating their development to lead a high growth organization. Experience with a Private Equity Firm or Venture Capital Groups is a plus. Must have a track record of building a HR Operation from the ground up at the same time as implementing People Strategies at all levels of the organization. Strong emphasis on a Performance Management Culture.
- High Growth Experience – You should have experience working in a high-growth environment that requires fast thinking and business aptitude for execution to be successful. Proven success scaling a business from $25M to $100M in 2-4 years is imperative. A combination of larger company experience in addition to time with smaller high-growth companies is the preferred professional profile.
- Technical Experience – Strong technical competencies and a passionate desire to embrace technology in driving operational efficiencies is key to success. Possess strong business acumen in understanding a business plan including the headcount objectives and how to approach the hiring strategy with speed will be a key contributor to this person’s success. Must understand the software industry and its challenges at scale.
- Communication – Proven success of implementing a variety of communication platforms and strategies to ensure a dispersed workforce is informed and understands the objectives of the organization. In addition, the ability to embrace the newest platforms of communication that thrive in a technology company to create a culture of inclusion and alignment are required.
- Organizational Design – Established competencies in helping organizations design their functions to deliver on the business objectives. Proven ability to provide direction on how to constantly evaluate the organization’s structure to enhance overall department and employee performance.
- Training and Development – Experience aligning roles and responsibilities and translating business expectations into effective and measured training programs. Established ability to develop leaders and provide innovative and effective leadership training curriculum to drive business results.