About this Role
AboveBoard is an executive hiring platform inclusively unifying executives from underrepresented backgrounds to board and full-time opportunities at today’s leading high-growth organizations.
We are dedicated to diversifying executive leadership.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent while providing executives transparent access to career-aligned opportunities. More than 35,000 executives and 600 companies are already using our platform.
AboveBoard is actively assisting another business to find its next Chief People Officer.
Role & Responsibilities
- HR/People Experience: Well-rounded experience across a wide range of HR/people workstreams; well versed in talent acquisition, learning and development, performance management and compensation
- Scalable Systems: Track record of building the people systems and structures needed to support periods of ambitious scale (e.g. growth from 100 to 1,000 employees in a period of five years or fewer)
- People/Team Leadership: Strong and supportive leader of people and teams; develops high levels of self-sufficiency and efficacy in other leaders and managers
- Learning & Development: Experience leading or overseeing learning and development programs in a company with best-in-class talent management practices
What you’ll do
- Set Strategy: Build and implement a people strategy aligned to the organization’s culture and strategic growth objectives in a scalable and detailed way; serve as a trusted advisor and thought partner to the CEO and executive team.
- Leadership of Team & People: Build and lead a growing people team; build team’s capacity and efficacy by investing in team leads’ ongoing coaching, learning and development.
- Talent Acquisition: Ensure that the company hires the people they need in order to meet their business goals; continuously improve our hiring processes and employer brand. Design and deliver a new hire experience through onboarding that optimizes readiness, alignment and motivation.
- Talent Management: Borrowing best-in-class approaches from industry, build out a full suite of learning and development programs to grow our workforce’s skills and capabilities across all business functions – engineering, data science and commercial. Partner with leaders and managers to ensure high levels of self-sufficiency. Build and implement performance management programs that help the company’s employees do their best work. Lead succession planning.
- Total Rewards: Develop compensation and benefits programs that reflect company values and align to business goals. Collaborate with and advise the executive team on executive compensation structures as we grow. Manage the compensation committee.
- Employee Experience: Oversee employee experience programming; gather, share and utilize data to drive decisions and initiatives that enhance the employee experience; keep a finger on the pulse of the employee experience as they scale. Foster a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace culture where employees feel supported to maximize their potential to contribute.
- HR Operations/HRBP: Lead all areas of human resources and oversee human resources business partners as they collaborate with business leaders across the company.