About this Role
AboveBoard is an executive hiring platform inclusively unifying executives from underrepresented backgrounds to board and full-time opportunities at today’s leading high-growth organizations.
We are dedicated to diversifying executive leadership.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent while providing executives transparent access
AboveBoard is actively assisting another business find it's next Chief Marketing Officer.
Based in Charlotte, NC, the CMO will lead the company's marketing function comprised Corporate Branding and Positioning, Strategic and Competitive Analysis, Product Marketing, Demand Generation, Digital Marketing, Events, Public Relations, and Internal/External Communications.The CMO's primary responsibility is to generate revenue growth through the successful execution of all of our marketing functions.The ideal CMO candidate will be hands-on and possess strong communication skills with deep experience in B2B marketing and demand generation technology and software businesses.
- Minimum 12 years technology based B2B or consumer marketing experience, including 5+ years leading marketing, brand management and operational marketing initiatives
- Bachelors in Marketing, Business, Engineering, Information Systems required; Masters Degree strongly preferred
- Global business and marketing experience; knowledge of professional business operations and marketing activities
- Significant experience formulating and executing outbound and inbound/content-driven marketing strategies directed towards middle market and SMB segments.
- Experience conducting competitive analysis and formulating competitive marketing strategy
- Exceptional marketing planning and execution skills; ability to translate business strategy into go-to-market plans
- Proven track record in attracting, evaluating, and developing high-caliber, globally distributed talent
- Application of Digital/On-line Marketing tools, best practices (preferred)
- Experience managing or engaging internal/external agencies
- Experience with Marketing/CRM tools, e.g. Salesforce.com; Pardot/Exact Target, Marketo, Hootsuite
- Experience evaluating and integrating marketing organizations related to acquisitionsProven leadership ability
- Strong team player with experience operating in a global, cross-functional, multicultural business environment
- Organizationally agile; ability to motivate others and accomplish goals through formal and informal relationships
- Ability to create followership through collaboration – creates an environment where people strive for excellence
- Ability to establish high expectations, drive change, multi-task and have impact
- Openly seeks and accepts feedback from others on leadership strengths and improvement areas
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- Outstanding written and verbal communication/presentation skills; comfortable developing and delivering executive level presentations as well as external/public communications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities