About this Role
AboveBoard is an executive hiring platform inclusively unifying executives from underrepresented backgrounds to board and full-time opportunities at today’s leading high-growth organizations.
We are dedicated to diversifying executive leadership.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent while providing executives transparent access to career-aligned opportunities. More than 35,000 executives and 600 companies are already using our platform.
AboveBoard is actively assisting another business to find its next Vice President of Marketing.
Role & Responsibilities
ThThe Vice President of Marketing will be an accomplished leader with proven experience in building, managing and scaling a high-performing marketing team and function. They will work to ensure that their team is aligned with the company’s revenue growth targets by putting in place the discipline and rigor necessary for high performance. This hire will play a key role on the executive team as they work to execute the GTM strategy for the organization. This is a global role where you will be interfacing directly with leadership and a broad set of global and regional collaborators and stakeholders. The priorities of the VP of Marketing are to: e Vice President of Marketing will be an accomplished leader with proven experience in building, managing and scaling a high-performing marketing team and function. They will work to ensure that their team is aligned with the company’s revenue growth targets by putting in place the discipline and rigor necessary for high performance. This hire will play a key role on the executive team as they work to execute the GTM strategy for the organization. This is a global role where you will be interfacing directly with leadership and a broad set of global and regional collaborators and stakeholders.
The priorities of the VP of Marketing are to:
- Adjust and execute the company’s marketing strategy and own the translation of that strategy into tangible marketing plans.
- Effectively manage the marketing budget to implement marketing programs that would position the company as the go-to solution in respective enterprise markets.
- Drive brand development and awareness leveraging appropriate outreach channels.
- Create new campaigns and optimize existing campaigns, using an omnichannel strategy, based on campaign results and effectiveness that drive acquisition of new enterprise clients.
- Bring a data-centric approach to make confident and timely decisions when confronted with ambiguity.
- Oversee the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of content and channel activities (e.g., white papers, events, trade shows, etc) relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the organization.
- Bring unparalleled creativity in implementing marketing strategies to meet monthly, quarterly, and annual KPIs.
- Shape the strategy to advance relationships in our largest and most strategic accounts.
- Develop, empower and grow existing talent within the marketing team.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and optimal usage of the marketing technology stack.
- Work closely with peers in Product and Sales to deliver the content and experiences that drive the core growth engine of our business.
- Collaborate with senior management to introduce new marketing concepts; be an active and engaged member of the executive leadership team.
- 15+ years experience in B2B marketing, with expertise in demand generation, product marketing and brand.
- Proven B2B marketing leadership experience providing strategic input to high-growth technology businesses with ownership for marketing strategies, goals, and tactics.
- Experience scaling a business from $30M to $100M+ ARR.
- Experience-based mastery of contemporary marketing practices and a demonstrated understanding of market development strategies, customer decision-making processes, and brand management, with an ability to successfully build brand recognition and market awareness.
- Knowledge of all facets of enterprise marketing – demand generation, ABM strategies, product marketing, branding, content creation, and communications with expertise in brand building
- Brings the strategy necessary to help move a company up-market.
- Prior experience working in early-stage environments requiring a hands-on approach, in a high-growth, agile environment.
- Exceptional track record in developing and implementing marketing strategies that have consistently driven revenue growth.
- Expansive agency and/or internal creative/content/marketing experience in building new capabilities and running visual activation.
- A deep toolkit in managing and orchestrating large projects.
- Qualitative and quantitative balance in marketing content and brand optimization.
- Ability and desire to use data and metrics to make strategic growth decisions.
- Experience effectively aligning marketing efforts with different functional teams’ goals and objectives.
- Experience building high-performing teams and attracting top marketing talent; will have demonstrated very strong people leadership and can inspire followership.