About this Role
AboveBoard is an executive hiring platform inclusively unifying executives from underrepresented backgrounds to board and full-time opportunities at today’s leading high-growth organizations.
We are dedicated to diversifying executive leadership.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent while providing executives transparent access
AboveBoard is actively assisting another business find its next Vice President of Human Resources.
Reporting directly to Co-Founder and CEO and the VP, VP of Human Resources will build the People function from the ground up, scale the broader organization across different employee populations (clinics as well as technical and research teams), and partner directly with the leadership team to build strategy for the organization.
Specifically the VP of Human Resources will
- Build, lead and manage a high-performing people team, helping ensure that the company has the right people with the right resources and support needed to achieve its mission.
- Implement fundamental People policies and programs that will scale with the organization including employee relations, recruiting and staffing, wage and salary administration, benefits, and talent management training.
- Develop a thoughtful approach to hiring plans and onboarding programs to develop, mentor, and retain top talent.
- Work with the executive leadership team to scale the business while developing their strong company culture across the clinic and technology populations.
- Design and develop clear operational structures, career progression and performance management processes.
- Work directly with the leadership to strategize future growth plans as it relates to new business and product offerings.
- Anticipate growth and training needs, creating accountability while developing managers and leaders across the organization.
- Prior experience as a People leader at the CPO, VP or Director level in an organization.
- Ability to confidently navigate all People team functional areas including; recruiting, talent development, onboarding, organizational development, performance management, change management, compensation and benefits, compliance/legal policies, employee engagement, employee relations, etc.
- Experience working in a high-growth environment that requires fast thinking and business aptitude for successful execution.
- Prior experience building strong culture across multiple employee populations with a clear overarching mission across a diverse, remote-first workforce.
- Ability to work on various projects simultaneously, requiring strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proven ability to design clear processes and programs paired with a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem-solving.
- Demonstrated business acumen and strong voice at the leadership level, advocating for programs and driving solutions that align with broader business goals.
- Ability to foster strong DEI programs that demand consistent forward progression.