About this Role
AboveBoard is an executive hiring platform inclusively unifying executives from underrepresented backgrounds to board and full-time opportunities at today’s leading high-growth organizations.
We are dedicated to diversifying executive leadership.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent while providing executives transparent access
AboveBoard is actively assisting another business find it's next Vice President of Marketing.
Role & Responsibilities
The company seeks a Vice President of Marketing to help further grow and strengthen the company’s market position to become the category leader in the data privacy space. The VP Marketing is responsible for the entire marketing strategy from demand generation to strategy and brand positioning, through all aspects of product marketing. The right person will be data-driven, strong at communication, and well-versed in all aspects of marketing, especially revenue creation.
This is a senior executive role focusing on:
- Demand Generation - Build a modern demand generation engine. Drive leads using ABM, webinars, SEO, content, paid marketing, display, email marketing, website conversion, trade shows, co-marketing, and branding. Implement and manage funnel metrics from drive leads through to conversion.
- Scale - Demonstrated ability to help scale an organization from $5M to $50M+. Drive the business forward, scaling top line revenue with a high level of vitality to take advantage of the present and substantial opportunity in the market. As the company scales, play a key role in building while rolling up your sleeves wherever necessary.
- Strategy & Execution - Determine the best program mix for generating awareness and acquiring new customers and improve strategy continuously by measuring performance and cost per acquisition, adjusting the channel mix and messages as necessary, experimenting with approaches spanning SEO/SEM, social media and other nontraditional media channels to drive demand.
- Thought Leadership- Develop, communicate, and measure a cross-functional marketing strategy that inspires the team and balances our short-term + long-term business goals. Iterate and evolve the marketing strategy to meet the needs of a hyper-growth company while creating scalable solutions, incorporating innovation, and anticipating future customer needs.
- Data & Insights - Analyze and distill data (including market and customer behavior) into actionable insights and relevant product features. Leverage data to create repeatable go-to-market strategies rooted in creativity and customer experience. A strong track record of delivering highly successful B2B marketing campaigns at a national scale.
- 10+ years B2B marketing experience and 5+ years of leading the Marketing organization for a high-growth venture or private equity-backed SaaS business.
- Experienced with Hubspot
- Compelling executive presence in front of customers, partners, employees, board members, and investors.
- An enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.