About this Role
AboveBoard is an executive hiring platform inclusively unifying executives from underrepresented backgrounds to board and full-time opportunities at today’s leading high-growth organizations.
We are dedicated to diversifying executive leadership.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent while providing executives transparent access
AboveBoard is actively assisting another business find it's next Chief People Officer.
Role and Responsibilities:
As a key strategic member of the Executive Team, reporting directly to the CEO, the Chief People Officer will be responsible for leading and overseeing the people function and all human resource activities. The Chief People Officer will embody our company, serving as a people-centric leader internally and an ambassador externally. We’re looking for someone who operates with a strong analytical and intellectual approach, an informed point of view, desire to innovate, exceptional integrity, and a genuine desire to empower and better the professional lives of the OnBoard team - and by extension, our customers. You should be an expert in organizational development, and someone with the skillset to help drive development of the organization through expansion and scale.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Function as a trusted partner to the CEO and the Executive Team, providing thoughtful counsel and direction on how to create and steward a comprehensive business approach to the organization and the People and Culture strategy.
- Gain an understanding of the organization and participate fully in all strategic deliberations. Act as a strategic partner to all members of the Executive Team and provide insightful, innovative thinking and problem solving on critical HR issues.
- Establish instant credibility with the key leaders with an experienced business and scale mindset to help key leaders grow their business units and manage organizational transformation
- Create best-in-class individual and organizational development programs for a high-performance organization.
- Help build a high-performing culture of success, accountability, transparency and collaboration for an increasingly remote and distributed employee population.
- Design and build the people strategy to scale a fast growing software organization with the ability to partner with a passionate CEO to drive the organization forward under tremendous growth.
- Provide HR guidance on special projects, HR analytics & reporting, talent reviews, training, change management, organizational design, and diversity and inclusion.
- Proactively manage resource allocation and maintain a competitive approach to recruiting and onboarding high-potential talent. Advise on people programs and processes to enhance talent attraction, retention, development, and succession
- Develop comprehensive approaches to employee development, retention and onboarding by refining or creating: compensation and benefits, career paths and employee development, succession planning, and learning opportunities as appropriate to the needs of the company.
- Lead and drive the due diligence and people integration strategies for all M&A activities and oversee a global and geographically dispersed workforce.
- Partner with Finance, Technology & Legal teams on all relevant matters.
- High level of business acumen, with the ability and desire to add value outside of the People function.
- General business and financial acumen with the ability to develop and utilize HR data and metrics as they relate to and impact business topics in Finance, Legal, IT, and payroll.
- Experience leading people and culture efforts and activities, including a successful track record of leading and scaling the function in a high growth, technology environment.
- Experience driving inclusion and diversity programs.
- Leads from the front with a focus on coaching, mentoring and career development across all levels of the organization, including building, leading, and developing a world-class people and talent team.
- Proven track record of designing and building a comprehensive career architecture that drives talent development, engagement and retention.
- Demonstrated capability in adapting and innovating HR practices and solutions and right sizing them to the needs of a fluid, fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization.
- Experience working with a global and geographically dispersed workforce.
- Has led all HR related aspects of M&A activities including due diligence and onboarding