About this Role
AboveBoard is an executive hiring platform inclusively unifying executives from underrepresented backgrounds to board and full-time opportunities at today’s leading high-growth organizations.
We are dedicated to diversifying executive leadership.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent while providing executives transparent access
AboveBoard is actively assisting another business find it's next Vice President of Human Resources.
Role and Responsibilities
In this newly created position, the VP of Talent Management will lead the Talent and Org Development Center of Excellence for the company. This high impact role will be responsible to set the enterprise-wide talent strategy to ensure the company motions talent through the company and creates once in a lifetime career experiences for their amazing talent. This individual will be responsible for building the global talent management infrastructure across the company. Collaborating across the organization, the VP of Talent Management will pioneer the design and implementation of the company’s global talent management strategy, programs, and processes, including Leadership, Manager and Employee Development, Succession Planning, Performance and Growth Management, and organizational learning. Furthermore, this individual will work closely with the People Partner team in designing and delivering relevant talent and engagement programs. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to broaden the level of leadership impact expanding into other aspects of Human Resources, including but not limited to HR Business Partnering, Talent Acquisition, People Technology, Predictive Data Analytics and Data Management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Partnering with business leaders and regional People teams to define and establish a long term successful strategic talent planning process including identifying critical jobs, resolving talent gaps, assessing internal as well as external talent and developing long term plans to bridge gaps.
- Leading the annual talent and performance development processes globally including goal setting, talent review and calibration, succession & development planning, and performance management processes.
- Creating and implementing training, learning & development plans and solutions to promote individual growth/organizational development in support of the company’s strategic business initiatives.
- Evaluating and maintaining leadership and business competency models that facilitate the assessment of employees versus these competencies; developing strategies to address any deficiencies.Providing strategic coaching to executive leaders and key talent.
- Building and executing organizational planning processes and creating succession plans for key roles throughout the organization, including development of talent pipelines.
- Reviewing gaps in leadership capability across departments and develop action plans, accordingly, lead ongoing professional and leadership development programs within the organization.
- Researching market developments and best practices in management, leadership, and organization development to serve as a subject matter expert and adviser to the organization regarding critical people issues; build and maintain relations with external sources, i.e., peer organizations, to stay current on learning and development and market trends which impact the business.
- Experience working in a fast-paced growth environment
- Extensive experience in building, growing and scaling teams in lower cost locations
- Experience in balancing growth with effective scaling to ensure org design and span of control matches business needs
- Demonstrable track record of building from scratch, leading and innovating the People function to deliver outstanding results
- Ability to build strong collaborative relationships with internal and external customers, including Executive management
- Tech-savvy; ability to effectively navigate various software platforms. Solid knowledge and experience with global HR Processes and Policies
- Strong project management skills
- Experience working in other aspects of Human Resources, including but not limited to HR Business
- Partnering, Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, People Technology, Predictive Data Analytics and Data Management.
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 12 years' progressive experience in HR, including talent management, organizational design, talent acquisition.
- Master's Degree in Business, Industrial/Organizational psychology or equivalent desirable.
- Previous budget and staff management experience