About this Role
AboveBoard is an executive hiring platform inclusively unifying executives from underrepresented backgrounds to board and full-time opportunities at today’s leading high-growth organizations.
We are dedicated to diversifying executive leadership.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent while providing executives transparent access
AboveBoard is actively assisting another business find it's next Chief Marketing Officer.
Role & Responsibility
The key focus areas of the CMO role will include driving performance marketing initiatives across multiple channels, including paid media, SEO, social and content marketing in a high-growth environment that values and empathy. This executive will be a storyteller, who will elevate a high-performing brand in a metrics-driven environment, and lead a team to growth.
- Previous experience leading the marketing function at a rapidly growing global consumer-facing brand
- Proven success as a manager, leader, and coach/mentor (i.e. ‘player coach’)
- Substantial and significant scale, either from $100M+ to $500M+ and/or from pre-IPO to post-IPO
- Experience operating and leading a high-performing marketing organization
- Highly creative; able to build the creative direction of the brand and overall messaging for the company
- Deep knowledge of how to use digital channels and tools to build both a brand and a customer base
- Both tactically and strategically minded. This person should be able to operate in the weeds, but also be the strategic leader with the ability to build integrated strategies and frameworks