Vice President of Marketing
About this Role
AboveBoard is an executive hiring platform inclusively unifying executives from underrepresented backgrounds to board and full-time opportunities at today’s leading high-growth organizations.
We are dedicated to diversifying executive leadership.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent while providing executives transparent access
AboveBoard is actively assisting another business find it's next Vice President of Marketing.
Role and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Vice President of Marketing will be responsible for leading and building our product marketing team and be the champion of the company’s offerings. The role is a key member of the broader Marketing Team and will partner with our Sales, Product Management, Partner Marketing, and Demand Generation groups to manage a team that creates messaging, content, competitive analysis, and tools that enable our sales and partner teams to effectively communicate the value of our offerings to all audiences.
- Build, lead, and manage our team of product marketers and industry-focused product marketers to ensure the achievement of product sales targets.
- Translate the company’s business objectives, market opportunities, and product portfolio into a cohesive go-to-market narrative.
- Create and deliver product messaging and positioning to ensure alignment with our company positioning and GTM strategy for key sectors. Bring a strong focus to connect customer pain with our offerings and the business outcomes we produce.
- Product launches and announcements – refine and improve the process to maximize the impact of our announcements with prospects, partners, and industry analysts.
- Product branding and naming, ensuring alignment with the company branding strategy and guidelines.
- Competitive analysis and related content to enable sales and maximize their effectiveness.
- Build and lead a team of product and industry marketers.
- Work closely with product management, sales, and customer success leadership to ensure strategic alignment and efficiency in execution.
- Communicate the value proposition of our products to the sales team, customers, prospects, industry analysts and press .
- Develop buyer personas, solution messaging, and overall product content strategy.
- Contribute to the sales enablement process by creating compelling content (presentations, solution guides, white papers, blog posts), and delivering inspiring sales training sessions.
- Evangelize the company’s story by participating in relevant conferences, trade shows, and webinars
- In conjunction with product management, lead the product launch process and contribute to strategy for product pricing.
- Collaborate closely with Demand Generation, Sales, and Channel Partners to execute the company’s go-to-market strategy.
- 8+ years full time work experience in a product marketing leadership role at a fast-paced, technical company.
- Experience with enterprise SaaS, IT, cloud, and security products.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information and reach data-driven conclusions about product strategy and go-to-market activities.
- Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision and thrives in an environment where initiative is rewarded.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and comfortable communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- High level of intellectual horsepower combined with the ability to listen and collaborate.
- Inquisitive and creative in solving problems and understanding new markets.
- Must be a builder – of teams, processes, systems and culture.
- Strong leader—action oriented and leads from the front.
- Structured and process-driven but efficient in execution.
- Ability to represent the company with gravitas and credibility both internally and externally.
- Highly organized and disciplined in his/her approach to the role.
- Have the seasoning and maturity that comes with experience, combined with a high energy level enthusiasm; be energetic, passionate, and resilient by nature.