About this Role
AboveBoard is an executive hiring platform inclusively unifying executives from underrepresented backgrounds to board and full-time opportunities at today’s leading high-growth organizations.
We are dedicated to diversifying executive leadership.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent while providing executives transparent access to career-aligned opportunities. More than 35,000 executives and 600 companies are already using our platform.
AboveBoard is actively assisting another business to find its next Chief Marketing Officer.
Role & Responsibilities
The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and serve as a key partner to the executive leadership team. A successful candidate will bring an industry leading perspective on brand and marketing strategies, possess a strong growth-focused mindset, and mastery in balancing the art and science of long term brand building.The CMO will oversee the company’s marketing, product development, and creative strategies. This leader will develop and implement integrated communication strategies, campaigns, and programs to fulfill brand and sales objectives. The ideal candidate will create and deliver fully-integrated programs across marketing, digital, communications, and public relations to ensure maximum impact, efficiency, and alignment across all company functions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Evolve and strengthen the brand through innovate positioning, creative, brand architecture, packaging, pricing, out-of-the-box experiences, and authentic communication
- Apply analytic diligence and consumer behavior intuition to identify unique, compelling opportunities to bring the company brand and product stories in front of new audiences (domestic and international)
- Guide and unify the creative direction of the brand
- Spearhead best-in-class brand building and storytelling efforts; build off a proven track record for a high-growth brand to increase consumer engagement and generate business growth
- In partnership with the Founder and leadership team, define and guide the product innovation strategy/roadmap; actively supporting overall brand strategy and existing product offering while strengthening competitive positioning in the broader market
- Drive the consumer communication strategy with a focus to strengthen the digital footprint
- Manage a significant marketing budget; leverage financial rigor to prioritize and allocate resource and media effectively
- Design and execute a performance marketing strategy to drive customer acquisition, increase retention, and establish best in class lifetime value (LTV)
- Collaborate with internal teams to deliver against the total brand experience across all consumer touchpoints
- Build, lead, and inspire a high-performing organization of 60+ employees
- 15+ years of full stack marketing experience for a high growth consumer products business (preferably within beauty or wellness)
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, high integrity, and commitment to excellence
- Best-in-class brand builder and industry visionary with a track record of dramatically increasing brand engagement and generating business growth
- Global marketing experience with a track record of success leading international expansion
- Experience leading Product Development and innovation strategy
- Strong commercial acumen and P&L management
- Experience managing online and offline marketing channels
- Passion for brand development and storytelling, specifically in the clean beauty/wellness sector
- Must be an excellent communicator, natural leader, and team player
- Understands the nuances of the beauty market evolution and changes in consumer behavior
- Proven success leading cross-functional teams and processes
- Adaptable, resourceful, and forward-thinking
- Experience working at innovative, fast-paced startups or indie/digital brands is a plus
- Multi-million dollar marketing budget ownership