About this Role
AboveBoard is an executive hiring platform inclusively unifying executives from underrepresented backgrounds to board and full-time opportunities at today’s leading high-growth organizations.
We are dedicated to diversifying executive leadership.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent while providing executives transparent access to career-aligned opportunities. More than 35,000 executives and 600 companies are already using our platform.
AboveBoard is actively assisting another business to find its next Chief Marketing Officer.
The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) is a key member of the company’s executive leadership team reporting to the Founder and CEO. The CMO will lead a full stack marketing team of 30+ across brand and performance marketing, focused on building and scaling the company’s brand identity as they add retail and other future channels to their existing base of direct-to-consumer subscriptions. The CMO will be highly analytical and data driven, and just as effective at efficiently leveraging direct response channels as s/he is at building and executing a strong brand vision and strategy.
- Refine and build upon the the company brand promise, broadcasting the company’s mission and story to raise awareness and build omnichannel demand
- Elevate the company’s media mix to efficiently service both upper and lower funnel initiatives, diversifying a historically direct response-oriented marketing strategy
- Conceptualize and execute a strong brand marketing agenda for the company across brand, PR, communications, retail marketing and shopper marketing.
- Build a new retail marketing capability to ensure the company is successful in grocery accounts
- Continue to grow the business by leveraging performance channels including email, SEO, direct mail, TV, podcast, radio, Social (tiktok, facebook)Own the customer segmentation strategy to gain insights and inform strategy
- Manage the company’s healthy LTV/CAC ratio, help transition strategy and expectations from primarily direct response to a full-funnel approach
- Lead and manage a high performing team of 30+ marketers across brand and growth marketing
- Imbue the marketing team and broader organization with a deep test and learn mentality
Desired Qualifications & Experiences
- Marketing experience in world-class CPG companies, ideally those that have experienced rapid growth with a multi-product, omnichannel portfolio
- Recent experience with a digitally native company or one with significant digital revenues
- Highly analytical, data-driven marketer with an ability to drive brand strategy while efficiently leveraging direct response channels. Effectively maximizes LTV
- Passion for consumer insight and a proven background launching new products as well as growing existing platforms and portfolios
- Strong intellectual horsepower. Outstanding reasoning and analytical skills, proven record of
- ROI-driven decision making
- Experience building, scaling, and managing teams of 30+ people across all marketing functions