About this Role
AboveBoard is an executive hiring platform inclusively unifying executives from underrepresented backgrounds to board and full-time opportunities at today’s leading high-growth organizations.
We are dedicated to diversifying executive leadership.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent while providing executives transparent access to career-aligned opportunities. More than 35,000 executives and 600 companies are already using our platform.
AboveBoard is actively assisting another business to find its next Vice President of Marketing.
We are looking for a world-class VP of Marketing to blend marketing strategy and vision with demonstrated leadership to help elevate The Company's presence on a global scale and support the strategic growth of our company. Your team will operate at the center of the company, collaborating with business development & sales, product, legal, engineering, people, and more. In this role, you will be the principal steward of the Company brand; responsible for putting the Company on the map in a big way.
Reporting initially to the CEO, the VP of Marketing will serve as a hands-on leader who will utilize creative strategy and flawless execution in establishing the Company as a leader in the autonomous mobility market. You will develop, implement, and execute a marketing strategy including branding, digital engagement, communications, and KPI definition. This will include defining messages for the market to champion our technology, products, people, and impact in our communities.
You will lead, unite and develop a world class marketing and communications organization, coaching and championing our current team while adding additional capabilities and roles across digital marketing, product marketing, communications, creative services and brand marketing.
- Own the strategic thinking, development, ideation and execution of best-in-class integrated marketing strategies through various channels, including website, social media, events, collateral, PR and more
- Lead evolution of our brand architecture, messaging, positioning, and overall narrative to ensure consistent communication of the Company brand both internally and externally
- Develop and manage comprehensive omni-channel marketing plans in support of company goals
- Develop hyper-local marketing campaigns to bring new customers, riders, future employees, and investors to the Company
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to drive ongoing growth and engagement with our primary target audiences, and expand our position in the marketplace
- Work closely with the executive team to manage marketing budgets, and perform ongoing business and marketing performance analyses
- Use quantitative and qualitative feedback to measure effectiveness and efficiency of marketing strategies and apply a continuous improvement process
- Build and communicate the Company's unique value with key influencers, including partners, industry analysts and media outlets
- Manage third-party agency support where required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the following areas; preferably in high-growth technology businesses:
- Scaling marketing programs and projects from ideation to launch with metrics and tactics to support success
- Creating integrated, cross-channel campaigns and individual deliverables (i.e. email, social, display, web, video, broadcast, and print)Writing and producing insightful creative briefs and building strategic, actionable project plans with clear deadlines, deliverables, and owners
- Maintaining consistent brand voice, expression, and visual styles
- Producing creative marketing projects and programs with a high-quality design aesthetic
- Proven track record for developing and implementing marketing strategies that have consistently driven organic revenue growth
- Strong ability to drive consensus across diverse teams in multiple departments, time zones, and functions with individual priorities
- Managing vendor relationships, contracts, budgets, and payments
- Great customer, investor, and executive stakeholder communications skills
- Creative and inventive problem solver capable of operating both in a strategic capacity and a hands-on/execution capacity
- Dynamic, high-energy leader with proven ability to build and engage best-in-class marketing teams; act as a mentor, player, and a coach to members of the team
- Analytical, yet creative thinker who has a passion for acquiring and making decisions based on actionable data
- Ability to lead cross-functional initiatives that require management by influence
- Thorough understanding of the enterprise sales process and how best to support sales teams and equip them for success
- Be an amazing human
- Experience in AI, SaaS, IoT, and/or working with global sales and channel enablement teams are a plus
- Experience working with autonomous vehicles, commercial fleets, OEMs, and Tier 1s are a plus
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and benefits (medical / dental / vision / 401k with matching)
- Meaningful stock incentives and equity refresh program
- Unlimited vacation / company paid holidays
- Daily catered lunches and snacks at HQ
- Paid parental leave