About this Role
AboveBoard is an executive hiring platform inclusively unifying executives from underrepresented backgrounds to board and full-time opportunities at today’s leading high-growth organizations.
We are dedicated to diversifying executive leadership.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent while providing executives transparent access to career-aligned opportunities. More than 35,000 executives and 600 companies are already using our platform.
AboveBoard is actively assisting another business to find its next Chief Executive Officer.
This is the first-ever Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) hire for a company in NYC. As the founder has stepped away from the operational day-to-day responsibilities of the business, this executive will lead the company in its next stage of growth while nurturing a warm and dynamic environment where people love to work. Since the beginning, this company has never prioritized profits over workforce health and happiness. Work/life balance is a priority, and it’s part of the magic of the company’s success. It is vitally important that the CEO operates this way and that people at all levels and all departments feel cared for and considered. The company’s goal is to retain the warm and interconnectedness of their humble roots, fueled by the curiosity, flexibility, and hard work of their people throughout the years.
Role & Responsibilities
The CEO reports to the Founder and the Board of Directors and will have overall responsibility for developing and executing the strategic business plan to profitably scale the business and establish the company as a leading brand in the fine jewelry category. This includes responsibilities for the overall vision, P&L management, as well as hiring, developing, and motivating the management team and company-wide. This leader will focus particularly on scaling operations, studio expansion, refining processes, enhancing capabilities & organizational structure, and driving culture. This leader will also work very closely with the board to ensure that long-term vision and near-term goals are aligned.
Specific responsibilities will include the following:
- Partner with the Founder & Board to develop and implement short-term and long-range strategic objectives, operating business plans, policies, budgets, and programs to drive significant top and bottom-line growth
- Evaluate the existing business to define where opportunities exist to improve efficiency
- Refine and deploy the 3-5-year forward looking strategic plan, perfecting the business model and go-to-market strategy to further establish the company as the market leader in the industry
- Establish and monitor key execution milestones and drive accountability at all levels of the organization
- Bring outstanding leadership to the organization. Build, retain, and mentor a world-class team
- Catalyze existing momentum with expansion initiatives: conduct an audit/gap analysis of existing infrastructure as it relates to the strategic plan, build roadmap to set the course forward for the company
- Progressive senior leadership experience as a CEO, President, or General Manager with full P&L accountability within a successful omnichannel organization ($100M+)
- Experience in large & small companies, understands the pace of private equity-backed and founder led businesses
- Consumer & fashion retail expertise with experience building and nurturing a brand of high taste level and aesthetic; leverages consumer insights and technology to refresh, amplify, and elevate brand demand across multiple categories
- Digital leadership with superior business results in an omni-channel environment; ability to unite online and offline experience through digital innovation
- Data-driven Merchant leadership background, with prior hands-on experience overseeing product development and innovation
- Proven ability to enable growth, scale, and expansion with a focus on the top and bottom line
- Exceptional leader and action-oriented self-starter with ability to forge strong relationships across the organization, build trust, and embrace the mission of the company in an ethical way
- High emotional intelligence and self-awareness, which encourages positive energy, passion, and fun throughout the organization
- Passionate about the brand, the mission of the organization, and the future plans for expansion
- Strong communication skills, and able to prioritize and re-prioritize based on changing business needs
- Excellent judgment and are able to act decisively in situations requiring quick but thorough analysis and decision-making