About this Role
This job posting is for confidential company.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent and creating transparent access to opportunities for executives. More than 30,000 executives and 600 companies are already using our platform.
AboveBoard is actively assisting this confidential company to find its next Chief People Officer.
Opportunity for Impact
Our company’s work is to bring together markets, science and people to create uniquely advantaged companies. People are the critical element in the success of our companies, and the Chief People Officer will be responsible for developing a systematic, end to end talent management cycle that will create a uniquely compelling and durable advantage for each of its portfolio companies businesses and the company itself.
This includes developing a unique perspective on what makes an individual and a team successful at our company, and building the assessment frameworks, learning and development programs, performance management systems, compensation strategies and scalable people ops and recruiting processes to select and reinforce that perspective.
The CPO will own the full talent management cycle at the company and across our portfolio of minority investments and majority-owned businesses, tying together recruiting, compensation, performance management, learning and development, and build the team to support this work.
Role & Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and own a rigorous, end to end talent management system unique to the business and its Foundry companies, including:
- A Talent Assessment framework for selection and development, based in psychometrics and psychological research and analysis
- L&D programs that reinforce and develop our principles and success factors in Foundry leaders, and help them build valuable businesses aligned with our theses.
- Compensation benchmarking and programs that capture the singular challenges and value proposition of our business model
- Scalable People Ops and infrastructure
- High performance technical recruiting systems and processes
- Implement and scale this system across the business as well as all of its climate and health mission-driven Foundry companies
- Build a small, high performance team to scale key functional areas – L&D, compensation, people ops, etc.
- Advise, counsel and collaborate with leadership to solve complicated people operations challenges, and actively collaboratively solve those challenges
- Experience leading a full cycle people organization as part of the executive team at a high performing technology company or financial services organization
- Experience implementing and scaling quantitatively-based people systems and/or psychometric/psychology-based talent assessment systems
- Deep expertise and experience in organizational design, with extensive experience designing, implementing and scaling comprehensive L&D, compensation and talent acquisition programs
- Creative, first principles thinker
- Systematic and rigorous, a system architect
- Quantitative and analytical
- Motivated and aligned to our climate and health mission