About this Role
This job posting is for confidential company.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent and creating transparent access to opportunities for executives. More than 30,000 executives and 600 companies are already using our platform.
AboveBoard is actively assisting this confidential company to find its next Chief People Officer.
Role and Responsibilities
The company is growing, and the Chief People Officer, reporting to the CEO, is critical to enabling this growth. This person will be responsible for all elements of the people function including business partnership, recruiting, learning and development, talent management, total rewards, HR systems and operations, and compliance globally. This person will be a partner to the CEO and the leadership team in developing the company’s strategy and overseeing the company’s operations in a fast growing technology company.
As both a critical strategic and foundational, operational role, the CPO will be in a unique position to develop business and people strategies to advance the company’s mission, principles and growth, helping to create the company's culture, and own the full lifecycle of their people.
This position is a great opportunity to develop a world class people organization in a rising technology company, influence all aspects of our workforce, promote diversity and inclusion efforts, and build out a team of equally passionate human resources and talented professionals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Think strategically and outside of the box to create programs that help the company gain a competitive advantage while also fostering the professional development of their people.
- Participate in strategic planning by partnering with the leadership team to ensure HR initiatives are aligned with business objectives.
- Advising, as a true confidante to the CEO and executive peers, on topics such as organizational design, critical hiring, workforce planning, employee engagement, performance coaching, talent assessment, change management, org communications, etc.
- Help the company mobilize their values to build a positive company culture that will allow employees to thrive and the business to scale.
- Oversee the further development of our DEI initiatives, ensuring that the company is educated, engaged and actively building a culture of inclusion & belonging.
- Create and launch or evolve several key people programs, including TA strategy, the development of the company’s people managers, and a recruiting strategy with a world-class candidate experience.
- Improve processes and systems to ensure every aspect of the employee lifecycle is optimized.
- Develop an employee communications strategy, forum and cadence to ensure alignment with the vision, mission and evolving culture to ensure employees feel a strong sense of connection.
- Experience in a combination of HRBP, People Operations, Compensation, Employee Benefits and Recruiting, with experience managing teams.
- Possess functional expertise across all general areas of HR, including organizational design, planning, diversity and inclusion, employee experience, talent and performance management, compensation, and employee relations.
- Proven track record of success in implementing programs that attract and retain a high performing, diverse and global workforce.
- High level of business acumen and proven effectiveness as an advisor working directly with executives to provide alignment of human capital initiatives with organizational strategy.
- Experienced in data analytics and comfortable using results from that data to influence important decisions.
- Well-versed on federal and state employment laws and HR compliance in order to ensure the business is set up for success. Experience with working with remote employees across multiple states, preferred.
- Embody and uphold the company’s values and ensure that they influence all key decisions and initiatives.
- No-ego leader that believes in the “owner-operator” model; will do day-to-day tactics to pitch in.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop a high degree of personal credibility at all levels of the organization.
- Believes ideas come from everywhere and brings out the best in others.