About this Role
This job posting is for confidential company.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent and creating transparent access to opportunities for executives. More than 30,000 executives and 600 companies are already using our platform.
AboveBoard is actively assisting this confidential company to find its next Chief Marketing Officer.
Role and Responsibilities
This is an exciting new chapter for the company as they look to reinvigorate their senior leadership and enter into their next phase of growth. Reporting into the Founder & CEO, this CMO will be a strategic thought leader with responsibility for all aspects of marketing, with an emphasis on defining, developing, and executing data-driven marketing programs that contribute to long-term growth. The company has a strong and growing marketing team in place but they need someone to lead, expand, and improve it in the context of a rapidly growing global consumer brand. This is an incredible opportunity for a marketing superstar to develop and execute a comprehensive and compelling marketing, branding and communications strategy to continue to elevate an already profitable business.The CMO will oversee the development and execution of the marketing strategy and all aspects of the company’s marketing initiatives, including brand/creative marketing and paid media and retention marketing. The ideal candidate will create and deliver fully-integrated programs across marketing, digital, communications and go-to-market strategy to ensure maximum impact, efficiency and alignment across all company functions. Specifically, responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing Brand Marketing, Creative and Performance marketing. Brand Marketing includes content generation, product marketing, organic social, PR / communications, IP / collaborations, cause marketing, activations, and brand messaging. Creative includes producing creative materials, digital assets, print design, brand design, and copywriting through all channels. Performance Marketing includes end-to-end ideating, strategizing, executing, and measuring across the full funnel for paid media and retention marketing.
- Working closely with the Founder of the brand, the paid media, retention, and creative teams to guide and unify the creative direction of the brand.
- Partner with the Product/Technology team to build efficient customer funnels and channel optimizations.
- Spearheading best-in-class brand building and “storytelling” (marketing) efforts; build off a proven track record for a high-growth brand in order to dramatically increase consumer engagement and generate business growth.
- Establish strategic partnerships and collaborations, and develop word-of-mouth opportunities to increase awareness and build brand equity.
- Responsible for articulating, communicating, and leading an innovative and sophisticated marketing plan to the broader organization from the top down, including the board, with emphasis on influencing product enhancement leveraging deep data and insights including analytics and qualitative acquisition.
- With a thorough vetting process select vendors and contractors when needed, manage KPIs, achieve best pricing, and mitigate costs.
- Managing a multimillion-dollar marketing budget; leveraging financial rigor to prioritize and allocate resources and media effectively.
- Researching and analyzing economic trends, buying habits and the demographic characteristics of consumers, their tastes and preferences for company products and those of competitors.
- Bringing the company brand to life at third party retailers and enacting marketing plans to scale wholesale channels.
- Bachelor’s degree required; an MBA or equivalent experience is desirable.
- 10+ years of marketing experience for a high-growth consumer products business.
- DTC and Ecommerce experience is critical. Knowing how to manage the marketing funnel through conversion is absolute. It’s required to understand how to convert a user to a customer and an omnichannel business with high volumes of launches and promotions.
- Experience in growth and scale at ~$100M+ is preferable
- Prior experience hiring, managing and leading a team is required.
- In-depth knowledge of segmentation & targeting (CRM), acquisition & retention (LTV), pricing & revenue (RPU) and conversion reporting & analytics (KPI).
- Email Marketing expertise: Demonstrated success leading paid media (TV, OTT, Digital, Paid Social, SEM, Display, Affiliate, Podcasts, etc.) and retention (ESPs, SMS, direct mail, membership and subscriptions experience a plus) efforts through key channel and audience expansion within the full purchase funnel.
- Experience leading PR and communications, building relationships with the press and other industry influencers/stakeholders.
- Experience with CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization) and tools (VWO, Optimizely, or equivalent).
- Experience using analytical and BI tools such as Adobe Analytics/Omniture, Google Analytics, and Domo, Tableau, and/or Looker to create insightful reporting to track the business and inform strategy.
- Expertise in driving customer growth through organic marketing, including developing programs for SEO, ASO, and social marketing.
- An integrated marketer with experience in partnerships.
- Knack for design with an understanding of the interplay between visual and written mediums; experience working directly with creative teams to execute marketing campaigns.
- Creative and detail-oriented problem solver.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and approach and believes passionately about continuously developing an iconic consumer facing brand.
- High emotional intelligence and self-awareness (i.e., low ego), which encourages positive energy, passion, and fun throughout the organization (i.e., leading with a “yes, and” mindset when making decisions).
- Persuasive, communicative, collaborative - strong communication skills, able to work across multiple stakeholders and influence based on data and customer insights.
- Great at building and maintaining relationships, fostering an environment of mutual respect, understanding, and trust. Proven leadership experience in navigating multiple key stakeholders to gain strategic alignment.
- Ability to inspire and motivate a team - cultivate or attract the best talent in the marketplace across key functional areas; support a dedicated and collaborative culture; ability to motivate a team around a vision.