About this Role
AboveBoard is actively assisting this confidential company to find its next Chief People Officer.
AboveBoard's platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent and creating transparent access to opportunities for executives. More than 35,000 executives and 600 companies are already using our platform.
Role & responsibilities
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief People Officer (CPO) will lead People strategy and will be a strategic partner and influential contributor to the executive team. This executive will oversee the overall strategic direction of the people and talent teams and tie this into broader business goals. The CPO will be a steward of the company’s culture, mission, and values. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as a key advisor to the CEO and act as a valued contributor on the executive team. Provide thoughtful and strategic counsel on matters involving people, learning and development, and culture.
- Partner with company leadership to scale a world-class culture (positive, equitable, challenging, and rewarding) and successfully implement strategic and innovative People and Talent solutions supporting business growth.
- Develop and lead the planning, design, and implementation of People initiatives to support current and future business needs across the organization. Drive all aspects of human resources including recruiting, performance management, engagement, learning & development, diversity, equity, and inclusion, compliance, and facilities.
- Lead and inspire a strong People team that partners with the organization to support strategic and operational objectives by hiring, retaining, mentoring, and growing high-performing talent.
- Design and lead the long-term DE&I strategy, building upon the success to date.
- Research, develop, and implement competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisal, and employee incentive programs.
- Lead succession planning for leadership and other critical roles in the organization.
- Build and lead processes to promote internal employee communication and culture-building in order to amplify the organization’s mission, vision, and goals
- Proven success leading People strategy at a high growth, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced company.
- People leadership within a consumer-focused retail or service company, ideally with early experience in a sophisticated company known for best-in-class human resources principles.
- A hands-on self-starter with a bias for action–a “get it done” mentality; balances intellectual curiosity with knowledge of what is possible.
- Keen ability to build programs that attract and retain top performers ranging from hourly operational employees to corporate talent.
- Expertise in developing and implementing a thoughtful approach to talent management and a track record of building and leading People + Talent functions in scaling, complex businesses.
- Depth in talent management and business partnering; strong skill set around learning and development and experience leading people strategy in a learning organization.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Data-centric approach to setting up processes to collect and use data for improved decision-making across functions.
- Proven success building and improving people teams to support impactful operational environments.