About this Role
AboveBoard is actively assisting this confidential company to find its next Chief Marketing Officer.
AboveBoard's platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent and creating transparent access to opportunities for executives. More than 35,000 executives and 600 companies are already using our platform.
Role and Responsibilities
We’re at a critical inflection point for future growth. Our Consumer Brokerage is the core of our business built on a trusted and respected brand with strong member growth, partnership with every leading brand in the gig economy, an industry-leading set of strategic ecosystem partners, and a thriving app with rare daily-active engagement. Last year, we launched our SaaS Platform, built on the same technology that we use to enroll members into insurance products on the brokerage, but white-labeled and scalably repurposed to support health plans, brokers and agents as they enroll their customers in health coverage.
Our market is now rapidly expanding in enduring ways, due to macro shifts in the Future of Work, public policy & booming ACA health plans. Both business lines have significant headroom for growth — the Platform business is early in its evolution (new market, thin competition, new sales motion, etc.), while the Brokerage is squarely in its growth phase. It is in our brokerage business that we feel the CMO can have the most significant impact in driving escape velocity, and where most of our goals for the role are focused.
Reporting to the Founding CEO, the CMO will own all marketing activities - performance/growth marketing, product marketing, content strategy, B2B marketing and brand marketing, with special emphasis placed on growth and product marketing given the current needs of the business.
While this role is charged with maturing our marketing strategy across all facets of business, we prioritize the stack accordingly.
- Growth Marketing Expertise - Have built and scaled a D2C marketing muscle in multiple contexts, ideally from a $10M to $100M revenue run rate.
- B2B2C Growth Experience - Solid strategies and ground game tactics from working through a business partner channel to reach consumers.
- Product Marketing & Packaging Expertise - We have complex products marketed through a diverse set of channels; clarity of message, effectively packaging and marketing those will be critical to success.
- Brand Marketing, B2B Marketing - candidates need to understand how to leverage our brand, protect and utilize our brand voice, etc. but this isn’t a core need for the role, as we have a strong/trusted brand and an incoming B2B marketing leader, both of which our CMO should be able leverage well.
- App and Organic Growth Strategies - Good working knowledge of how to develop and execute content strategies, ASO, and member community activation to drive strong organic growth.
- Healthcare / Insuretech Familiarity - We work in a complex industry, and firsthand experience will help accelerate their onboarding, efficacy in the role, and marketing our products & services.
- Marketing to Lower Income Communities is a plus - Strong preference for this, but not a must have. This will be a critical challenge though - marketing complex products to lower income and underserved communities