About this Role
AboveBoard is actively assisting this confidential company to find its next Vice President of Marketing.
AboveBoard's platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent and creating transparent access to opportunities for executives. More than 35,000 executives and 600 companies are already using our platform.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Establish the company as a credible, world-class brand and leader in the industry
- Build an efficient and comprehensive full-funnel lead generation engine, providing air cover for the sales team to be massively successful
- Implement and continuously improve marketing pipeline health and acceleration strategies
- Serve as an ambassador for marketing within the company and across functions; successfully communicate the value and impact marketing will continue to have within the organization
- Own and advance associated metrics of acquiring customers and pipeline management
- Oversee production of sales presentations for existing and new clients, including materials for RFPs for new businesses
- Develop and implement marketing strategies that contribute to building their brand presence
- Use data / metrics to make strategic growth decisions and effectively align marketing efforts with the sales team’s goals and objectives
- Partner closely with outside advertising agencies
- Strategize with executive leadership to implement marketing tactics to proactively enhance the company’s ability to attract new clients and ensure vertical market penetration is achieved
- Reposition the e-commerce presence, pivoting towards B2B sales
- 10+ years of experience of global experience in marketing and marketing leadership positions across a blend of SAAS/Enterprise B2B and broader consumer btoc businesses with companies recognized for excellence in branding and marketing
- Management of marketing professionals
- Exposure to and or an understanding of or interest in the broader IR/PR/Events industry and the evolving trends ideal
- Experience building and leading all aspects of company’s marketing strategy in a very hands-on manner either in a stand-alone growth company or as an entrepreneur within a growing area of a larger organization
- Proven experience partnering closely with sales and commercial efforts to drive revenue; a true partner to sales efforts with the ability and experience to influence and impact across broader functions including product, broader operations etc.
- Exceptional track record developing and implementing marketing strategies that have consistently met or exceed planned objectives, and materially contributed to top line growth goals in a subscription-based model
- Experience in software-as-a-service, ideally subscription
- Experience-based mastery of contemporary marketing practices and a demonstrated understanding of market development strategies, customer decision-making processes, and brand management, with an ability to successfully build brand recognition and market awareness while driving a high volume of leads to the business.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred