About this Role
AboveBoard is actively assisting this confidential company to find its next Vice President of Human Resources.
AboveBoard's platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent and creating transparent access to opportunities for executives. More than 35,000 executives and 600 companies are already using our platform.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Head of People will build out and lead a critical team to ensure the company attracts and supports world-class talent. The role will lead recruiting efforts to bring the best colleagues to the company, while also owning the employee experience to ensure each and every team member can develop their potential and perform at their best. This person will have the opportunity to build the team from scratch and define what the People function means at the company.
- Lead all aspects of the function including: but not limited to: talent acquisition, people operations, performance management programs, compensation & benefits.
- Develop and lead the planning, design, and implementation of the company’s talent acquisition initiatives to support current and future business needs.
- Develop a best-in-class employee experience that enables team members to perform at their best.
- Create innovative talent development systems and practices to enable team members to grow in their roles.
- Design and operate scalable people systems, such as onboarding and culture exercises, and more in order to maintain high performance and organizational cohesion as the company grows.
- Foster an ongoing culture of diversity by continually looking for ways to discover and engage with existing and future talent from underrepresented backgrounds to drive company values forward.
- Own HR systems and processes, including benefits management, employment compliance, and other operational components of a well-functioning HR function.
- Build an effective remote workplace, including planning IRL events, offsites, and other ways to ensure a strong team culture in a primarily remote environment.
- Be a culture leader and steward across the organization. Develop creative solutions to unify and maintain a culture among dispersed employee groups as the company continues to rapidly grow.
- 8-10 years of prior experience building and developing high performance teams, preferably in a high-growth startup environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in people strategy, talent development, recruiting, building remote teams, and organizational development.
- Experience in recruiting for startups and building an effective recruiting function.
- Expertise in HR systems and workflows, benefits programs, employment regulation, and other relevant subject matter.
- Experience in scaling organizational systems and people operations processes (onboarding, employee experience, performance management, etc.) at high-growth technology companies.
- Excellent organizational and people management skills. Experience building teams from scratch is strongly preferred.
- Experience developing high-performance remote organizations strongly preferred.