About this Role
AboveBoard is actively assisting this confidential company to find its next Vice President of Human Resources.
AboveBoard's platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent and creating transparent access to opportunities for executives. More than 35,000 executives and 600 companies are already using our platform.
Role and Responsibilities
On Deck is looking for their first People executive who will make decisions that will have a significant impact on the growth and long term success of On Deck. You will work closely with On Deck’s founders and executives to help build the foundations that will enable blitz-scale. On Deck is on the lookout for a master of the core elements of people operations who is passionate about creating an inspiring organizational culture and ensuring it can scale alongside a fully-distributed team. Reporting into the Vice President, Operations, the Vice President, People will own:
- Org Planning and Recruiting - You will work with the leadership and recruiting team to design the organizational structure and craft hiring plans. You will build, lead and manage the Recruiting team.
- Design and Evangelism of Company Culture and Values - On Deck is building a company where future and former founders will find themselves in good company and where people will go to grow in their careers. You will influence the culture alongside On Deck’s founders by building programs that support the team and empower them to do the best and most fulfilling work of their lives. You will create a brand for the On Deck culture that attracts and retains world-class candidates who are deeply passionate about our mission and values.
- Employee benefits, programs, and Learning and Development - On Deck supports our team in their career development to become world-class professionals. You will lead the L&D programs including onboarding, management and executive coaching, and ongoing educational programs for the team. In addition, you’ll oversee our benefits offerings and internal programs we facilitate for our team.
- Performance Management and Compensation - The On Deck team deserves guidance on what it will take to achieve their career goals. You will own the development and implementation of titling, levels, performance management and compensation across the whole company.
- HR Operations - HR operations are the nuts and bolts of a well-run organization. You will own all of the systems, processes, and decisions related to these core areas of the business including payroll, benefits, and exit logistics.
- Manage and grow the People Function: hire and build a team under you that helps you accomplish all the above!
- Ability to thrive in early stage environments and have significant experience building out people functions at other rapidly scaling startups.
- Hands-on leader with experience building and managing great, high performing organizations.
- Demonstrated business acumen and strong voice at the leadership level, advocating for people solutions that align with business goals.
- Successful history partnering with executives on business strategy and direction while maintaining hands on with the people team and across the organization.
- Experience working with and advising recruiting teams to create systems and successful onboarding practices through hypergrowth.
- Comfortable working in fully remote, globally distributed teams.
- You love taking things from idea to scale.
- You are excited by the prospect and challenge of crafting a cohesive people organization and scaling it so we can support hundreds to thousands of ambitious team members in the coming years.
- You understand our business and have a strong values-alignment with how we plan to build an enduring institution while simultaneously creating one of the most powerful startup engines of the century.
- You will take the time to understand how our team reflects the community we serve and vice versa.
- You are not looking for a role where everything is figured out for you—you thrive in environments where there is ambiguity and relish the opportunity to solve problems.
- You understand the importance of balancing business objectives and employee experience.