About this Role
AboveBoard is an executive hiring platform inclusively unifying executives from underrepresented backgrounds to board and full-time opportunities at today’s leading high-growth organizations.
We are dedicated to diversifying executive leadership.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent while providing executives transparent access
AboveBoard is actively assisting another business find its next Vice President of Human Resources.
Role and Responsibilities
As a key member of the Leadership Team, the Vice President of People will embody and exemplify the core principles of the company, serving as a people-centric leader internally and an ambassador externally. The company is looking for someone who operates with strong analytical and intellectual horsepower, an informed point of view, desire to innovate, deep empathy, exceptional integrity, and a genuine desire to empower and better the professional lives of the company team - and by extension, their customers and patients.
- Lead the Global People function of a fast-growing organization inclusive of employee learning and development, recruiting, culture-focused events, HR operations, and total rewards
- Create and maintain an outstanding employee experience from the point of their application to the company throughout their career at the company
- Lead efforts in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to ensure that the company is a place where people want to work and where every team member feels respected and valued
- Work directly with the COO and leadership team (including leaders in Europe and Israel) to ensure the company is an employer of choice
- Collaborate with all departments to cultivate high-performing managers and engaged team members
- Manage People Operations budget and proactively forecast needs, including facilities
- Work closely with leadership and finance team to understand short-term and long-term financial implications of compensation and benefits strategy
- Proactively monitor, document and address potential risks
- Be a trusted advisor to executives, managers, and team members
- Be an example of the company values: patients first, time is brain, quality squared, kindness wins, and I am accountable
- Experience leading people and culture efforts and activities, including a successful track record of leading and scaling the function in a high-growth, technology environment
- Natural ability to gain trust and credibility as well as influence at all levels of the organization through respectful, and highly communicative relationships
- Deep expertise in all aspects of the People function – from recruiting to business partnering and people operations
- Demonstrated business acumen and strong voice at the leadership level, advocating for programs and driving solutions that align with business goals
- A keen eye for data and ability to balance data-driven insight with exceptional judgment
- Ability to partner with executives on business strategy and direction while maintaining hands on with the people team and across the organization
- Deep understanding of employee motivations and needs
- Proven ability to design and communicate clear processes and programs paired with a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving
- A high standard of people leadership skills that others can learn from and seek to emulate, including an ability to manage teams, drive high performance, and lead through change
- Experience with international teams, HIPAA, and GDPR is a plus