About this Role
AboveBoard is an executive hiring platform inclusively unifying executives from underrepresented backgrounds to board and full-time opportunities at today’s leading high-growth organizations.
We are dedicated to diversifying executive leadership.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent while providing executives transparent access to career-aligned opportunities. More than 35,000 executives and 600 companies are already using our platform.
AboveBoard is actively assisting another business to find its next Vice President of Marketing.
Role & Responsibilities
The CMO will own the growth and marketing function end-to-end. The team is currently circa 7 people including a Content, Field Marketing, and ABM. The CMO will lead the process of evolving the company’s marketing strategy and developing the team as they continue to expand their position as the global leader in personalized online learning. Reporting directly to Rodrigo Rodriguez, the CEO & Founder, you will work closely with him and the rest of the leadership team to align on overall lead and pipeline generation goals and will evolve the marketing plan to achieve these. You will be instrumental to the company’s continued growth across Enterprise channels, as well as the evolution of their self-serve SMB offering.Given the level of autonomy and influence in this role, there is a requirement for a disciplined, entrepreneurial, and creative yet analytical leader who has experience in scaling marketing in a high value technology business. You will provide key leadership and strategic knowledge to support this growing team, whilst also having the ability to be hands on. Someone with no ego and collaborative ethos to work with the wider team is a must.
- Build and execute the growth marketing strategy and operations across markets globally, working as partner, peer and advisor to the rest of the executive team.
- Identify opportunities in the funnel to develop robust, data-driven communication with prospects and growth strategies to drive conversion rate and revenue.
- Partner closely with the Sales team to enable them to better sell during the cycle, launching and producing creative content (e.g. webinars, success stories, case studies, events).
- Partner closely with the Product team to understand the product pipeline and how marketing can create awareness, knowledge and excitement for both existing and potential clients.
- Develop and lead the appropriate go-to-market process, infrastructure, team interactions and organisational structure to trigger a strong brand positioning and acceptance.
- Creatively and strategically position the company to make it a relevant and aspirational brand for Enterprises and SMBs.
- Differentiate approach for messaging to fit different key markets and segments.
- Contribute to the overall management and strategic direction of the organization as a highly visible leader within the business.
- Define and build the tone of voice and brand guidelines to produce consistently excellent content that reinforces the brand.
- Prior track record implementing growth marketing programmes within a high-growth SaaS B2B and/or B2B2C business scaling on an international level.
- Experience of blending expertise in brand development with contemporary digital marketing methods, channels and technologies to build demand generation across both Enterprise and SMB GTM strategies.
- Data-driven: able to institute reporting on content marketing performance, and using performance metrics to optimise strategies.
- Fast-paced, resilient and open to change in a rapidly growing global business that requires creativity, fast learning and out of the box thinking. Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Obsessive approach to A/B testing to make lead generation thrive, from strategy, tooling, setting up campaigns to testing tactics (e.g. changing copy) to better convert.
- Proficient in Marketing and Sales tools and software (e.g. Hubspot, Outreach, Apollo, Google Analytics, Content Management Systems, Moz, SEM Rush, Google Tag Manager, Sketch).
- Ambitious but humble, thrives in an environment of transparency and accountability. Eager to contribute to a positive and productive work environment.