About this Role
This job posting is for confidential company.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent and creating transparent access to opportunities for executives. More than 30,000 executives and 600 companies are already using our platform.
AboveBoard is actively assisting this confidential company to find its next Vice President of Marketing.
Role & responsibilities
As the first marketing leadership hire at the company, the Head of Marketing will play a leading role as the company builds a world-class marketing function. Reporting into Co-Founder and CEO, the Head of Marketing will lead the charge in acquiring new customers on both sides of the marketplace, with a particular focus on growth and performance marketing.
The company is growing rapidly and looking for a world-class marketing leader, who will be responsible for setting the strategic direction for the marketing organization and will bring in their own systems and processes to build a marketing department.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the CEO to develop and implement a Go-to-Market strategy which consistently aligns marketing efforts with the rapidly evolving product suite
- Develop strategic marketing plans in conjunction with both the go-to-market and product teams, acting as a strategic partner
- Oversee marketing operations across all channels- demand generation, customer marketing, product marketing, corporate communication and social media
- Partner with the product organization to identify the areas within both the product and customer journey that have the potential to spur organic growth; develop a holistic strategy to scale customer acquisition and maximize lifetime value
- Coordinate and deliver growth initiatives. Take end-to-end responsibility through concept, budgeting, design, content creation, implementation, analysis of results, and feedback.
- Partner closely with research and development to identify areas of success and opportunity within paid, affiliate marketing and unique opportunities that allow the company to expand its presence into new geographies
- Design new processes and ways of working to enable agile marketing and rapid speed to market
- Set growth targets on key metrics including traffic, lead generation, cost per acquisition and customer lifetime value, then establish performance metrics and KPI reporting that track achievement against these goals
- Analyze the performance of tactics and overall initiatives. Communicate performance metrics to our team
- Create a best-in-class, digital marketing capability and brand sensibility within a complex product ecosystem; help package multiple products and tell the story in the marketplace
- Manage and lead the Marketing organization with a player/coach mentality
- 10+ years of experience working in marketing, ideally at an innovative consumer brand, fintech, or real estate technology company.
- Proven success leading marketing teams for high-growth businesses in the Fintech landscape or B2C mobile businesses, with specific experience marketing directly to the consumer (in this case, investors).
- Track record of hiring, developing, motivating, and mentoring world class marketing teams to meet ambitious goals
- Experience with both growing and upskilling talent is a plus
- Ability to operate in a hyper-growth environment and understand both the complexity and challenges of navigating revenue generating functions through this phase of its lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to develop team structures, performance measurements, and forecasting systems
- Deep experience in all aspects of a marketing function: brand, customer marketing, demand generation, product marketing, affiliate marketing and digital and content marketing
- Strong goal-oriented leadership presence and ability to set clear goals, motivate, train, enthusiastically engage others to drive accountability
- Command of growth marketing measurement tools, metrics, and analytics techniques.
- Strong ability to understand concepts relating to product, technology and data analytics
Leadership and team building
- Have a passion for modernizing and iterating the company brand to become a leader in the real estate technology space
- Capable of operating autonomously and independently; strong sense of personal responsibility
- Pragmatic, data-driven, and operationally savvy; strong focus on execution and sustainment
- Interest in development, training, and mentorship; hands-on in developing and working with teams
- Seasoned and mature with a strong work ethic; a strong leader, manager, and executor
- High emotional intelligence and self-awareness, which encourages positive energy and passion throughout the organization
- Self-aware, intellectually curious, flexible, adaptable in approach
- Excellent listening skills with a transparent, direct communication style