About this Role
This job posting is for confidential company.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent and creating transparent access to opportunities for executives. More than 30,000 executives and 600 companies are already using our platform.
AboveBoard is actively assisting this confidential company to find its next Vice President of Marketing.
- Grow revenues and profitability of the company’s Marketplace & Subscription businesses, the company's primary revenue streams - establish goals, lead cross-functional teams by influence, track and achieve business results.
- Be accountable for establishing strategy and leading execution across performance marketing channels including Paid Search, Paid Social, Organic, Affiliates, Content Marketing, and Events.
- Proactively identify and address any unfolding risks and opportunities for the business.
- Collaborate with other divisional leaders to unlock business opportunities.
- Be agile and scrappy as needed to advance business objectives.
- Raise the performance bar for all senior leaders in the organization.
- Advise and collaborate with executive leadership to advance business strategy and achieve commercial success.
- Work with cross-functional teams to build conversion paths including customer experience, messaging and overall path optimization.
- Build, lead and mentor a team of high performing experts in demand generation and customer experience. As a player-coach, lead by example and mentor the team to deliver impactful results.
- Identify and lead implementation of marketing technologies to get a deep understanding of customer experience funnels, determine segments, customer lifetime value, and orchestrate personalized experiences to improve engagement and conversion.
- As part of a cross-functional team, you will help build data analytics strength to inform attribution, customer journey, progressive profiling and economic outputs from different marketing actions.
- Build owned channels like content marketing that use our first party data to drive greater engagement with our data and our marketplace.
- Lead a team of affiliate marketers that interact with influencers to build great customer experiences and drive greater marketplace engagement.
- Continually build, implement and refine a cohesive integrated demand generation and customer experience strategy for the marketplace using online and offline channels including but not limited to SEO, SEM, Paid Social, Display, affiliate marketing, content marketing and email marketing.
Desired experience, skills, and qualifications
- Growth mindset, business ownership, relentless customer focus, and the ability to lead multiple teams.
- Specialization in the marketing technology space.
- Experience building marketplace technology stacks from the ground up.
- Experience building a team of marketing experts with expertise in acquisition, retention, business development, and merchandising.
- Experience directly managing a team of 5 or more people.
- Experience driving double-digit profitable growth in companies with $50M+ in revenues.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, drive, and skills necessary to build and scale a business.
- You see ambiguity as an opportunity and obstacles as chances to build.
- You possess high emotional intelligence with a proven ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
- You have the courage to go against the current curve and think differently.
- You thrive in fast-paced, chaotic environments. Can cut through the noise to be effective.
- You have a bias for action.
- Takes a scrappy approach to get things done, able to drive execution of big initiatives while navigating stakeholder concerns.
- You’re an analytical thinker; someone who thrives in the use of data to drive decisions.
- You inspire a culture of innovation, execution, collaboration, accountability, positivity, and fun.