About this Role
This job posting is for confidential company.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent and creating transparent access to opportunities for executives. More than 30,000 executives and 600 companies are already using our platform.
AboveBoard is actively assisting this confidential company to find its next Vice President of Human Resources.
- 10+ years of experience leading people and culture efforts and activities, including a successful track record of leading and scaling the function in a high growth, technology environment
- Proven ability to partner with executives on business strategy and direction while remaining hands-on with the people team and across the organization
- Ability to confidently navigate all People team functional areas including; recruiting, business partnering, talent development, organizational development, performance management, change management, compensation and benefits, compliance/legal policies, employee engagement, employee relations, etc.
- Prior experience scaling and developing high-growth companies, preferably within a technology-enabled business.
- Experience developing and leading an HR function within a remote, diverse workforce.
- Proven ability to design and communicate clear processes and programs paired with a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem-solving.
Role and Responsibilities
The company is looking for someone who operates with strong analytical, creative, and intellectual horsepower, an informed point of view, a desire to innovate, deep empathy, exceptional integrity, and a genuine desire to empower and better the professional lives of the company - and by extension, their artists. As a key member of the Leadership Team and reporting to the CEO, the company’s “People Leader” will embody and exemplify the company's core principles, serving as a people-centric leader internally and an ambassador externally.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Lead the People organization serving as an HR thought partner to plan, develop, organize, and implement the company’s strategic people functions in equitable ways and through continued scale
- Lead the company’s recruitment strategy and own this process through onboarding; develop a long-term plan for attracting, assessing, selecting, rewarding, and creating a diverse team, and collaborate with the leadership team to develop and implement strategy and supporting tactics.
- Define and ensure execution of operational activities and programs against ambitious growth plans
- As the company’s resident culture steward, develop creative solutions to amplify employee engagement, overall company morale, and culture while keeping in mind the scale and the differentiated needs of the employee base
- Act as a solid partner to the leadership team in developing goals and strategies that increase the impact of the company’s people across the organization
- Drive achievement against the company’s core people metrics, including growth, employee engagement, and retention
- Lead from the front with a focus on coaching, mentoring, and career development across all levels of the organization, and a keen capability in building, leading and developing a world-class people and talent team.
- Drive DEI initiatives in partnership with the other members of the Executive Team
- Build out and manage scalable infrastructure for compensation, benefits, and recruiting processes.
- Has high IQ/EQ, is an empathetic and clear communicator, and is passionate about people and culture.
- Natural ability to gain trust, credibility, and influence at all levels of the organization through respectful, and highly communicative relationships
- Demonstrated business acumen and strong voice at the leadership level, advocating for programs and driving solutions that align with business goals
- Proven ability to flex between setting strategy, building for scale and executing.
- Highly analytical with the ability to utilize data to identify opportunities and recommend proactive solutions for the People function and company as a whole.
- Excellent critical thinking, judgment, and decision-making ability.
- Outstanding interpersonal, coaching and listening skills.
- A keen eye for data and ability to balance data-driven insight with exceptional judgment
- Deep understanding of employee motivations and needs
- A high standard of people leadership skills that others can learn from and seek to emulate, including an ability to manage teams, drive high performance, and lead through change