About this Role
This job posting is for confidential company.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent and creating transparent access to opportunities for executives. More than 30,000 executives and 600 companies are already using our platform.
AboveBoard is actively assisting this confidential company to find its next Vice President of Human Resources.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the CEO, the VP of People will be a critical member of the company’s core executive team. This hands-on leader will serve as the internal subject matter expert on all things talent and people, building and leading all aspects of the function. This role will be instrumental in architecting and executing the company's talent and human capital strategy through defining, building and growing the function to support a growing organization of highly technical talent.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Lead all aspects of the talent and people function including: but not limited to: talent acquisition, organizational development, onboarding, employee relations, DE&I and compliance
- Develop and lead the planning, design, and implementation of the company’s talent acquisition initiatives to support current and future business needs
- Foster an ongoing culture of diversity and inclusion by continually looking for ways to discover and engage with existing and future talent from underrepresented backgrounds to drive the company’s inclusive culture forward
- Build structures, policies, and workflows to ensure that onboarding, role transitions, life events, and offboarding are done in a highly professional manner
- Be a culture leader and steward across the organization. Develop creative solutions to unify and maintain a culture among dispersed employee groups as the company continues to grow
- Prior experience in a fast paced startup environment with dispersed employee populations
- Proven track record of success developing innovative and forward-thinking talent strategies and initiatives to successfully scale headcount and meet business needs
- Strong background in recruitment, talent acquisition, and retention
- Proven experience recognizing and closing top tier talent
- Prior experience building and managing a recruiting function and team of direct reports
- History of managing up and hungry to continue climbing the ladder in talent acquisition and HR