About this Role
This job posting is for confidential company.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent and creating transparent access to opportunities for executives. More than 30,000 executives and 600 companies are already using our platform.
AboveBoard is actively assisting this confidential company to find its next Vice President of Marketing.
Role and Responsibilities
You are a mission-driven, results-oriented, world class marketing leader with a passion for communicating to consumers, businesses, and partners at scale, and a proven ability to bring an equally qualitative and quantitative approach to the entire marketing mix.
As a member of the senior leadership team of the company, you will manage a team of marketers and work cross functionally with the heads of Sales, Creative, and PR, among others. This role reports to the Chief Experience Officer.
- Help build a new mixed media model both upper and lower funnel to drive velocity, as the business transitions away from a channel-centric company to a retailer and consumer-facing, brand focused company.
- Imbue the marketing team and broader organization with a deep test and learn mentality to drive disruptive growth in the food industry.
- Build a new retail marketing capability to ensure we are successful in large grocers, including developing point of sale marketing and sampling, and that informs our retail pricing strategy.
- Scale our insights & research capability to develop a robust understanding of consumer behavior, as well as understanding how retailers, foodservice operators (restaurants) and waitstaff influence the consumer’s purchase decision.
- Enable the sales team to effectively and consistently convey our value proposition to large retailers and foodservice providers.
- Assist in the launch of new products globally, work with launch partners, and help communicate the unique value of our products.
- Build, lead, and inspire a world-class marketing team that can help us achieve its mission. Mentor and uplevel an already high performing team as they transition from a startup to a brand with worldwide name recognition.
- Marketing experience in world-class CPG or foodservice companies, ideally those that have experienced rapid global growth with a multi-product portfolio.
- Thinks innovatively and challenges the status quo; a disruptor who understands the CPG world but also knows how to break it to create challenger brands.
- An equally qualitative and quantitative approach to Marketing. You will have built out brand and growth marketing campaigns, and are an expert who has a proven track record of success developing and scaling integrated marketing programs in dynamic channels with a deep understanding of how to drive velocity.
- Experience enabling third party sales channels (such as distributors) and sales teams to position and sell products at scale.
- Passion for consumer insight and a proven background launching new products as well as growing existing platforms and portfolios
- Willingness to partner with our team that develops higher-level brand messaging for the business.
- Mature, inspirational people leader and team-builder that has a history of building loyal teams through high levels of trust; Ability to lead and inspire individuals and teams including and outside of your direct reports
- Deep passion and empathy for the mission of the company
- Product management leadership in CPG, technology, and/or foodservice companies a plus.
- MBA or relevant work experience