About this Role
This job posting is for confidential company.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent and creating transparent access to opportunities for executives. More than 30,000 executives and 600 companies are already using our platform.
AboveBoard is actively assisting this confidential company to find its next Vice President of Human Resources.
Opportunity for Impact
The healthcare industry is notoriously complex and filled with legacy processes that prioritize misaligned business incentives instead of company values. To improve the customer journey, our company is changing the connected care experience to allow consumers to get the best care for the best cost. By creating an intuitive platform that gives customers easy and immediate access to dedicated healthcare professionals, we are uniquely positioned to transform the >$500B care navigation and pharmacy benefits industry.
The Vice President of Human Resources will step in as a member of our executive team, ensuring the organization is well positioned for scale, and driving an innovative people strategy to help amplify our transformative impact on consumer and employer healthcare.
Role & Responsibilities
The VP of Human Resources will lead all components of our People organization. This innovative, business-oriented leader will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive HR strategy in support of our next phase of growth.
Specifically, the Vice President of Human Resources will:
- Act as a strategic advisor and thought partner to the CEO and serve as a valued strategic contributor on the executive team.
- Lead the design, build, and execution of all areas of Human Resources, including but not limited to: talent acquisition, compensation and benefits analysis, performance management, people operations, organizational design, diversity, culture, and learning and development.
- Build and execute thoughtful and agile people-focused strategies and initiatives to ensure that the business is attracting, developing, and retaining high-quality talent as the company expands.
- Lead and inspire a strong People team that partners with the company to support strategic and operational objectives by hiring, retaining, mentoring, and growing high-performing talent.
- Design and develop clear operational structures, career progression and performance management processes.
- Work to ensure that DEI is embedded into each aspect of the organization including business strategy, culture, vendor management, Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, and benefit programs.
- Deep expertise in the People function, especially in regards to learning & development, performance management, compensation, compliance, employee relations, DEI, and talent policies and procedures, preferably from a high growth company and/or startup.
- Ability to add critical value at the executive level as a trusted advisor to the C-Suite and Board.
- Experienced business leader who is comfortable making executive decisions within the HR function and working with a wide range of business partners to meet business objectives.
- Demonstrated success developing innovative and forward-thinking strategies and initiatives, and successfully scaling strong company culture.
- Track record of success in implementing programs that attract and retain a robust, diverse and engaged workforce.
- Track record as a flexible leader who can operate at a highly strategic level, but can also perform all tactical talent and people-related duties for the company.
- Clear, demonstrated passion for the company and their mission to humanize the healthcare experience.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and strong intuition for business, including a deep understanding of how the HR function aids in driving business strategy.
- High emotional intelligence and an ability to navigate and discuss important topics across all levels of an organization.
- A true collaborator who acts with grace, humility, inclusiveness and open-mindedness.
- Can inspire a culture of innovation, execution, collaboration, accountability, positivity, and fun.
- Courageous–not afraid to go against the current curve and think differently.
- Thrives in a fast-paced culture. Finds comfort in discomfort and continuously improves to discover creative solutions.
- Analytical and systems thinker.
- Natural leader and engaged team player with strong interpersonal capabilities.