About this Role
This job posting is for confidential company.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent and creating transparent access to opportunities for executives. More than 30,000 executives and 600 companies are already using our platform.
AboveBoard is actively assisting this confidential company to find its next Vice President of Human Resources.
Role and Responsibilities
We are hiring a talented VP of Human Resources to join our incredibly fast-paced and high-growth team. This position is responsible for leading our People function and strategy; advancing programs in Human Resources, Recruiting, and all other programs and strategies related to Employee Engagement & Experience.
In this role, you will serve as a member of the management team, reporting to the Founder & CEO. This leader will act as a thought partner to them to provide HR insights with regards to leadership, coaching, employee relations, talent acquisition, engagement, culture, compensation, organizational design and change, performance management, learning, and development. Additional responsibilities include:
- Act as a strategic partner to the CEO and other executives
- Support our recruiting team efforts to hire top talent
- Ensure every candidate applying to the business has a great experience from the interview to onboarding and beyond
- Drive cultural initiatives to increase employee satisfaction, engagement and retention.
- Help set quarterly goals and performance reviews
- Understand the performance of teams at the company and help employees achieve a higher level of execution
- Facilitate the growth of culture and values
- Ensure that company practices comply with all relevant laws
- Guide our international hiring and team development for 20+ nationalities and a team of more than 130 employees
- Continue to uphold our values when it comes to diversity, inclusion, and bias-free hiring practices
- Well-honed interpersonal and relationship-building skills that facilitate strong relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Experienced driving change, including working with the CEO to develop effective internal communication strategies
- Expertise as a thought leader, or big picture thinker, who anticipates future trends and consequences, and creates strategies and plans accordingly
- Experience working directly with all levels of the organization, from the front line to executive staff
- Ability to interact effectively with the company’s Board of Directors/Investors, particularly in matters related to executive compensation
- Proven track record of designing, implementing and measuring the success of diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
- Demonstrated success supporting an organization with 100+ employees
- Comfort with ambiguity and a rapidly changing environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Fluency in DEI concepts and strategy
- Comfortable with ambiguity and a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to drive change and interact effectively with the company’s Board of Directors/Investors
- Strategic thinker (anticipates future trends and consequences, and creates strategies and plans accordingly)
- Hands-on manager
- Globally minded