About this Role
This job posting is for confidential company.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent and creating transparent access to opportunities for executives. More than 30,000 executives and 600 companies are already using our platform.
AboveBoard is actively assisting this confidential company to find its next Vice President of Marketing.
Role and Responsibilities
The business is seeking a Vice President of Marketing to lead all aspects of performance marketing including acquisition and conversion to drive enterprise value & sustainable growth for the company. Reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer, this role will be instrumental in scaling the company to its next level of growth.
The ideal candidate will see the big picture, have a deep understanding of the entire customer lifecycle, but is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and execute rapidly. This leader will have a strong understanding of the art and science of performance marketing and develop a set of successful channel strategies to optimize performance over time against a clear set of KPIs. In order to achieve these goals, this individual will need to partner closely with all the different teams (including, but not limited to Brand, Product, Innovation, etc.) to create new growth opportunities and ensure consistent brand execution throughout each touchpoint.
Key responsibilities will include:
Growth marketing & demand generation
- Own overall growth strategy encompassing acquisition, budgeting and forecasting
- Generate ROI positive demand through a diverse set of online (paid and organic search, display media, social and distributed content marketing) and offline channels, scaling proven channels and exploring new ones
- Leverage analytics and metrics to understand the performance of channels and campaigns and ensure focus across organization, optimizing investment across variables to drive growth
- Manage a sizeable marketing budget ($1-5MM/month) without losing insight to campaign details by fully delegating all parts of control
Modern marketing ops/tech utilization
- Bring together data, metrics and technology to develop a scalable marketing organization and achieve business goals
- Identify most important KPIs to track as well as other key SaaS ratios, building systems to monitor data in real time
- Utilize marketing technology and techniques addressing a range of needs (e.g., marketing automation, lead scoring, sales enablement, distributed content marketing, CMS, advanced targeting techniques, ABM mar tech, Customer Data Platforms (CDP) and data enrichment)
- Establish a cadence both within marketing and across the organization to ensure the effective monitoring of outcomes and subsequent adjustment of activities and campaigns
Customer lifecycle marketing
- Manage marketing campaigns across the full customer lifecycle from onboarding through engagement to support lead conversion, up-sell and retention rates
- Survey and segment existing customer base and identify discrete customer profiles, needs/pain points and economic opportunity for lead conversion and develop a range of offerings to achieve successful conversion optimization
- Partner with the Product team to align core retention initiatives
Team building, development & coaching
- Build effective teams through a systematic and structured approach to sourcing and assessing external candidates, leveraging extended network and promoting from within
- Lead teams through transitional periods and phases of significant growth
- Evaluate, develop and motivate existing talent, identifying individual strengths and weaknesses and strategically placing team members into positions that lead to success
- Value diversity, equity and inclusion and establish it as part of team culture
Desired Qualifications & Experiences
- 8+ years Marketing experience driving customer acquisition across marketing channels (PPC, Display, Paid Search, Paid Social, Retargeting, etc), preferably at a DTC company (startup experience considered a plus)
- 4+ years in a leadership role within Marketing, Demand Generation, and/or Growth functions
- Experience running media budgets >$1MM/month
- Experience in leading, resourcing, and building cross-functional teams
- Proven experience building and executing direct and digital marketing campaigns for a business in a highly competitive and complex environment (founder experience preferred)
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills including the ability to process and understand large data sets (preference to quantitative / analytical backgrounds such as consulting, investment banking, data science roles)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Dynamic and experimental approach to problem solving, embrace of a growth mindset to continually test assumptions
- Good collaborator who assumes good will and is not overly possessive, recognizing that great solutions will be interdisciplinary
- Resilient “not give up” attitude and consistent recovery from setbacks; able to adapt and deal with high stress situations not in the playbook
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to win; ability to perform at a high level over an extended period of time
- Security in competence, confidence in expertise as well as knowledge gaps, willingness to be vulnerable, ability to ask for and take input from others, demonstrated executive presence and communication skills
- Passionate about the mission, produce and core values