About this Role
This job posting is for confidential company.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent and creating transparent access to opportunities for executives. More than 30,000 executives and 600 companies are already using our platform.
AboveBoard is actively assisting this confidential company to find its next Chief People Officer.
This function exists to push the organization on two parallel paths
1) do all the critical things well-run, scaled companies do to unlock the potential of our talent, yielding more trust, while
2) also selectively pushing the company to innovate on people practices that present game changing possibilities.
It’s the latter one that will produce a remarkable workplace and the former provides the foundation for it.
For 2022 specifically, the objectives for your department will include:
- World class hiring: 2x our gross hiring rate through 2x capacity and improved processes, while improving reach of diverse talent
- World class leaders: Grow the company’s next level leaders through tight calibration of leadership competencies and mixed development approach
- World class talent enablement: reset our global function to be driving proactive talent solutions for their respective client groups
- Frictionless People Operations and Total Rewards: Deploy processes and comp bands via our systems and training
We believe that remarkable workplaces produce remarkable results. Our North Star is a company where people can do their best work, learn and grow the most, experience their best manager, and make lifelong friendships.
The Chief People Officer will report directly to the CEO and serve as a member of the Executive Staff (estaff), owning the major decisions in strategy that guide the company. Additionally, they will manage and oversee a team of leaders focused on attracting, retaining, and developing our global community of employees.
This role will oversee:
- Scaling self-service processes to enable all managers and leaders to do their jobs effectively and efficiently
- Global expansion and collaboration strategies to ensure a fully distributed workforce can thrive in the the future of working norms
- Designing a future forward perspective on development and performance management in a hybrid work environment
- Guiding a leadership development program that can facilitate world-class guidance and training for decades to come
- Owning the employee experience from end-to-end and ensuring consistency, inclusion, and belonging as the company grows and scales
- Influencing the executive staff and board of directors to align human capital strategy with the organization’s strategic plan and growth targets
- Leading the company’s external employer brand as a visionary
With a proven ability to develop a People strategy and execute day-to-day tactics through strong management, the CPO will:
- Have a successful track record of leading the full spectrum of People functions for high-performing companies, globally and at scale
- Be an inspiring people leader who can retain and attract top talent, and develop next-level leaders
- Proactively assess and align a People strategy directly to the long-term vision for the business
- Have demonstrated an ability to work alongside C-level executives as a trusted peer and strategic advisor
- Be a big picture thinker with a business acumen that drives their approach to building strategy, teams, and an organization’s relationship with its employees; be able to lead through bold influence and navigate seamlessly through all levels of the organization
- Possess a mastery of internal cross-functional partnerships and collaboration; have a successful history of partnering with technical and non-technical leaders, with a track record of building consensus and delivering high-impact global People initiatives
- Be adept at working in fast-paced and growth-minded environments; adapt to change quickly and act as a positive change agent
- Be a forward-thinker and deeply value an understanding of the customers the company serves
- Possess a deep sense of accountability and be committed to achieving measurable results
- Lean on strategic thinking skills with an ability to articulate a clear and compelling vision, using data to inform decisions and execute on strategy
- Be graceful under pressure and thrive in ambiguity; have the ability to effectively manage a variety of crisis situations and work with multiple constituents toward resolution, delivering quality work that oftentimes includes tight deadlines
- Have experience in scaling global People functions in a tech/software company
- Have a passion and vision for creating best-in-class company culture