About this Role
AboveBoard is an inclusive platform for executive hiring that connects qualified executives with board and full-time opportunities.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent and creating transparent access to opportunities for executives. More than 30,000 executives and 600 companies are already using our platform.
AboveBoard is actively assisting another business to find its next Chief Marketing Officer.
- Experienced brand builder and storyteller; proven expertise in molding and elevating brand positioning.
- Seasoned marketing leader who can articulate the brand vision cross-functionally, liaising effectively with product and sales teams to achieve a consistent brand experience
- Experience developing and rolling out marketing KPIs to measure ROI, efficient mix as it relates to trial and repeat
- Experience developing new and emerging markets.
- Experienced in both performance and brand marketing across digital and retail domains.
- Strong understanding of trade marketing. Experience managing and optimizing trade spend investments.
- Full-stack marketing and leadership experience with high-growth CPG brands (ideally those with a strong omnichannel and retail/ grocer experience).
- Career experience in both a large, “classic CPG” environment as well as a middle-market and smaller-company environment.
- Strong understanding of packaging and POS/POP execution is critical.
- Experience with management of a multi-brand portfolio is a plus.
- Experience with frozen or novelty item marketing is a plus.
- Experience scaling a high-growth CPG business into multiple channels, specifically retail channels (ie. Sam's Club and Publix). Driving into new geographies and accounts.
- Very comfortable working with syndicated data to inform both sales and marketing strategies
- Has led development, innovation, and marketing efforts for new products and packaging.
- Experience refining consumer insights and creating a customer segmentation strategy
- Proven experience using consumer insights/segmentation to build robust brand positioning and messaging strategy to drive customer acquisition and loyalty.
- Scrappy; can get things done with a small team and demonstrates a bias for action/sense of urgency.
- Hands-on, focused on driving business results especially within an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment.
- Passionate and energetic leader with a growth mindset